Stavanger Bay It's coming at me like a burning flame
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle smiled and nodded her head yes we can. She would look forward to it, she wondered if it would be better to look while it was cold. After all most of the bees were dying or unable to stir when it was cold. So wouldn't it make more sense to go in the winter. However, to she thought that if they waited it would be fresher honey. She would have to think on that.

Thistle nodded There are many stories for many different cultures, but I can tell you the story of The Eyes of Thjazi. Thistle frowned as she tried to form the correct words, after all it was only a bit she knew of norse and viking culture, but it she remembered this story. The goddess Iðunn had been captured by the giant Thjazi with the connivance of Loki. Without the youth-giving golden apples of Iðunn, the gods withered and grew old. They gathered to discuss the matter, and deduced that Loki had been involved. Under threat of death, Loki was sent to get the goddess back. Loki flew off to accomplish this task, wearing the magical falcon-cloak belonging to the goddess Freyja. Loki rescues Iðunn, but in the escape Thjazi is killed, and the gods are forced to make amends to the giant's surviving daughter, Skaði. The gods in compensation offered Skaði the right to choose a husband from among their number, but with the condition that she could choose only by viewing the feet of the gods. Skaði selected the most beautiful feet, thinking that she had chosen the bright god Baldr, but instead found she would marry Njôrð of Nóatún, a god of the sea-coasts. Another part of the compensation was that the gods had to make Skaði laugh, which was accomplished by Loki, who tethered a goat to his body, presenting such a bizarre spectacle that Skaði laughed despite herself. Last of all, a final compensation for the slaying of Thjazi was offered:We are told that Óðin compensated her by taking Thjazi's eyes and throwing them up into the sky, making of them two stars.
Messages In This Thread
It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Thistle Cloud - January 04, 2015, 04:15 PM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 05, 2015, 05:07 PM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 06, 2015, 04:33 AM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 08, 2015, 06:56 AM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 09, 2015, 05:57 AM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 12, 2015, 09:42 AM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 13, 2015, 09:39 AM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Thistle Cloud - January 13, 2015, 01:07 PM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 14, 2015, 08:46 AM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 15, 2015, 02:31 PM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 19, 2015, 08:18 AM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 19, 2015, 02:10 PM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 21, 2015, 09:50 AM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 25, 2015, 05:03 AM
RE: It's coming at me like a burning flame - by Charon - January 26, 2015, 09:39 AM