I Whisper Into the Night
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Malachi understood the concerns of Sen's parents, but only through indirect experience. When his mother had birthed her second litter, he'd still been young himself - barely over a year old, and those had been different times. Whereas the only real threat to he and his siblings had been the chilling winter, their pack had faced a different threat at the time of his younger kin's birth. Like Duskfire, they had not been threatened by other wolves, but by the wildcats who had come to take residence in the safety of the nearby cliffs. Their family still thrived under the darker hours, but his parents notably took to the night with an extra air of caution. It was a caution that was necessary, and one not only reserved for the evening hours. Yet it was a caution that had failed to save them in the end. "The day can be just as dangerous," he returned, and left his musing at that.

A breathy laugh escaped him at Sen's quip, for from her response, the answer to his question was as obvious as the moon in the sky. "Well, if you want any company, it seems you're gonna have to live under the sun for at least a little while. A compromise, though I don't think it's a fair one." Of course, they could just go around forcing wolves to give up diurnal habits in favour of nocturnal ones, but Malachi wasn't convinced he'd want that. The night was a time one had to discover on their own volition, if they had the courage to brave her embrace - a courage Sen clearly had. "Hey, you ever see the Glacier at night? I bet it looks amazing in the moonlight." An invitation, for against the odds they'd found each other's company without the cover of the sun, and Malachi wasn't willing to part ways so fast.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - January 19, 2015, 03:10 AM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Malachi - January 25, 2015, 01:01 AM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - January 25, 2015, 06:17 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Malachi - January 27, 2015, 03:49 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - January 28, 2015, 03:23 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Malachi - February 01, 2015, 02:25 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - February 04, 2015, 02:22 AM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Malachi - February 10, 2015, 12:30 PM
RE: I Whisper Into the Night - by Sen - February 10, 2015, 01:58 PM