Neverwinter Forest nobody learns no nothing from no history
<i></i>
25 Posts
Ooc —
Just as a heads up: you two don't have to worry about me in the posting order. Iffin you want to spree or anything, go for it! I'll just throw up a post when I can. :)

Without thinking, Toothless followed the bearish she-wolf when eventually she left the mountains. It snaked down the sharp slopes in her wake and set foot on the flatlands below for the first time in months. It never caught up with her and never came within more than a few feet from her, yet it clung to her like a little raincloud. It did not wonder or care about its own reasons for doing this. Perhaps it sensed that she would protect it or perhaps Toothless was little more than an opportunistic leech. In any case, she didn't seem to mind it, though there was always the very real chance that she didn't really notice it either.

She led it away from the foothills and, while Toothless felt queerly exposed without the mountainous heights, it did not hesitate in its pursuit. It darted after her, moving swiftly if only to keep up with her ground-eating gait. It actually didn't have much chance to worry about its strange surroundings, as simply keeping up kept it busy. It did notice when she led it into a deep, dark wood, as it felt more at ease here in the cool shadows. Having previously moved with its belly slung low to the ground, it now walked a little more openly, though still half-crouched.

When its leader paused and sniffed the air, Toothless mindlessly mimicked her, testing the air for itself. It smelled a stranger. Heart beating fast, Toothless stepped a bit closer to the large she-wolf than ever before, its underside touching the ground again. It tipped its head back and gazed up at her with trepidation and, surprisingly, felt itself relax slightly. The sight of her face, of her brown eyes, seemed to make it feel a little safer, even here in these strange woods. It had left the safety of the mountains behind, but she was a mountain in her own right.
Messages In This Thread
nobody learns no nothing from no history - by Eirikr - July 29, 2013, 12:49 PM
RE: nobody learns no nothing from no history - by Toothless - July 29, 2013, 02:38 PM