Redhawk Caldera she sees them walking in a straight line, that's not really her style
run wild. live free. love strong.
321 Posts
Ooc — Riven
I'm 99% sure that @Osprey will be joining in since this is a continuation of this thread, so I'm referencing her in this post. Please wait for her to respond, first! Just wanted to get this up so Mags is back in time for the puppies.

Many things drove Magpie to a hasty return, despite her various injuries— luckily, the concussion prevented her from fully feeling most of them— but the most prominent was the nearness of Fox's due date. Of course, fully proving to the rest of the pack (Peregrine, in particular) that she wasn't a complete waste of space was also pretty up there... sometimes it was at the top of the list, depending on when you asked her. As she and her gray companion (she had finally realized it was only one wolf, but maybe one with two heads) began the slow process of dragging the goat back to the caldera, however, her senseless chatter had ceased.

Talking meant less dragging, and so it was reserved for their rest stops, when she urged her companion to "Come on, let's go!" Magpie was still selfishly unaware of the grey female's own ailments, but that likely had more to do with her concussion for the moment— she was likely to feel terrible and mostly stupid for it after her injuries had healed. It was good that they kept moving, anyway, for if the little black-and-white wolf were to fall asleep with her head wound, she might never wake up.

When they finally reached the edge of the caldera's claim, the yearling released her hold on the goat— which now smelled rather ripe, though it wasn't the oldest kill a wolf would eat— and bellowed obnoxiously, "@PEREGRINE," without thinking about politeness or protocol or the fact that she could probably just walk in. She drunkenly reasoned that the goat was too heavy to carry any farther, and that it likely wouldn't be taken well if she just allowed a stranger in (still unaware that her companion was related to the caldera's patriarch) without permission.

Her holler was rewarded with a sharp pain in her side, so Magpie plopped down on her haunches with a whimper, and glanced at the other female with a goofy smile. Her voice almost a whisper, now, to avoid further pain in her lungs, she declared, "We made it!"
ALL WELCOME threads are considered fair game to me, even if they are already in progress. My characters will often make one- or two-post cameos; if you'd like me to continue posting, just tag me and/or acknowledge my character!
Messages In This Thread
she sees them walking in a straight line, that's not really her style - by OG Magpie - February 20, 2015, 07:03 PM