Whitefish River Homegrown Honey
44 Posts
Ooc —
While she could tell that his words had come out in a playful manner, she still closed her mouth for a second in order to silently look at him. She had not considered the chance of having offended him with what she'd said, and was relieved that he didn't sound as if he actually had been. She didn't want an angry man on her heels, especially one so much larger than herself—though being bigger than her wasn't a difficult thing to do. "I apologize if you took any offence to that and are hiding it," she said, giving an apologetic dip of her cranium. The selkie seemed to perk right up almost immediately after, however, as she was asked if it had ever happened before. "For me, sadly, it has yet to happen," she claimed, though the smile did not leave her face. "I have seen it, however, and know it will happen to me when the time is right and Lir has called for me to return to his sea." Her voice held pride in it, as she was devoted to her family and culture with her entire essence. Nothing would ever be able to sway her beliefs and thoughts, nor could anything ever keep her from becoming a seal when the grand Sea God needed her.

Muirgen nodded her head, positive that she was sure of what she'd said. "I am certain," the young girl responded. "I may have overreacted. I am sure it will become a common mistake here on this land." She sad a bit disappointed by it, but knew it was how things were. She could not force another to believe in what she did, or follow Lir as devotedly as she and her old rookery did. On occasion, she might try, to have another follow the Sea God and the Sea himself like she did, but that would not come for some time. The selkie was not yet ready to face the possibility of someone calling her crazy (again), and she was sure she would not be able to stand them being rude to her, either. Those where all things for her to think about later on, and she knew she must stay focused on the present. Her ears perked when she heard the man's question, a light giggle of amusement escaping passed her lips. "I would not mind you referring to me by that name," Muirgen told him. "I have never been called by an abbreviation of my name before." Truth be told, she didn't even know that most called such things "nicknames". Her light gaze met his for a second as he, once again, mention his father, hoping she would never meet him. "I hope I do not, either."
Messages In This Thread
Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 04, 2015, 12:10 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 12:37 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 04, 2015, 01:20 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 01:49 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 04, 2015, 07:13 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 04, 2015, 11:58 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 05, 2015, 12:32 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 05, 2015, 12:49 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 05, 2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Muirgen - March 05, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: Homegrown Honey - by Sebastian - March 05, 2015, 03:21 PM