Redtail Rise in the middle of shadows
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
What had simply been a natural response to diffuse the awkwardness of the situation only severed to incite even more fury from the sad-sack warrior.  Reek wheeled back even further and sank down into the water, eyes wide with surprise. Even though he was Arion's superior, his alpha, he hadn't felt so small in a very long time.  Like a lowly omega he splayed himself in the water and stuttered a bunch of nervous babble.  Reek had never really been the apologizing sort or the type to admit fault, however it was obvious that whatever Reek had done, it pissed Arion off to no end.

"I— I, uh, I'm sorry?" he quavered.  The words felt awkward on his lips, but the last thing he wanted was for his friend to be emotionally compromised.  If an apology is what it took, so be it.  If Reek had been the one to finally push Arion away from the rise, he would never let it go and would always hold a guilty heart.

But maybe he had a point, Reek was worse than him.  Empathy may not have come naturally to the socially awkward warrior, but at least he tried; whereas Reek's social apathy knew no bounds.  "I'm sorry," he repeated, this time a bit more sincere.  "But, don't you want to hear why?"  He looked back up at Arion with his trademark grin... If he knew him as well as he thought he did, the Greek would certainly get a kick out of recent events. 
Messages In This Thread
in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 12, 2015, 05:10 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 15, 2015, 08:55 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 16, 2015, 05:18 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 16, 2015, 08:33 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 16, 2015, 08:56 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 16, 2015, 10:26 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 16, 2015, 07:54 PM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 16, 2015, 08:53 PM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 17, 2015, 01:31 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 19, 2015, 08:13 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 19, 2015, 09:16 AM