Redtail Rise in the middle of shadows
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
As far as Arion was concerned, he was not a hot headed wolf but a non confrontational being; he preferred to sort things out diplomatically and calmly if that was possible. Deep in their hearts lay a wild creature, that he knew. Wolves were wild and the moment they were born - no, strike that, the moment they were created, the wild instinct was embedded deep within them. To be aggressive and confrontational, to be pack creatures but most predominantly, they were wild. And Arion was wild too, and although though he had managed to suppress that urge better than others, it was still there and now it was appearing more often; it had been happening ever since Smash's departure, when he realized emotions were always, always there and not even the most powerful of wolves could detach it from themselves completely.

So with his emotions appearing more often than Arion was used to, added with the fact that the wild beast inside him was now stirring from its long sleep and ready to be active once more, he became more violent, aggressive, impulsive, reckless, hot-headed, confrontational and brash. This time, emotions got the better of him, forcing the sleeping emotional driven beast inside him to stir and rear it's ugly head, taking over his normally pragmatic and cunning side temporarily. It could've been permanent, but Arion refused to become those stereotypical idiotic wolves, he refused to become a...normal and therefore became himself once more. This time, just this time and in this situation, perhaps his stubbornness was what had saved him.

"Nothing,"
Arion replied with the same eerie calmness, "I asked because I wanted to see my presumption was true; that wolves could indeed move on and live in the present. As you probably don't know, most wolves I have met in my past prefer to live in the past. I cannot, on the other hand, say the same for myself." The stallion tilted his head thoughtfully and opened both eyes, regarding Reek with a cold sort of thoughtfulness. "Or for you," he added with an afterthought.

"Your request has been granted, milord," Arion said, the corner of his lips quirking faintly upwards. "Wynter is leaving, so I doubt anything's going to happen between us, not that anything would've if she stayed." The stallion remained silent for a moment, his eyes emotionless as he lost himself in his thoughts, leaving the world of painful reality for sometime before he forced himself back into the present world. "I'm....sorry for my rude outburst just now, sir, because while my anger was warranted and justified, my aggressive and disrespectfulness was not," Arion said, just managing to choke out the apology, not because he didn't like apologizing; because he really didn't care, but because it sounded weird on his tongue. "Do you believe a truce is possible? As you do not seem keen to recover our friendship," the Greek spoke mildly, well, as mildly as he could get; it still probably sounded pretty...well, unmild (that probably wasn't even a word), but it was better than outright sarcasm.

Arion was speaking in an extremely out of character polite manner right now, which surely should perplex or annoy Reek. But truly, that wasn't his intention (okay maybe it kind of partly was); he was simply acting like the nobleman he was before he left Cerberus's Pavilion. He supposed old habits didn't really fade away after all.
Messages In This Thread
in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 12, 2015, 05:10 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 15, 2015, 08:55 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 16, 2015, 05:18 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 16, 2015, 08:33 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 16, 2015, 08:56 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 16, 2015, 10:26 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 16, 2015, 07:54 PM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 16, 2015, 08:53 PM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 17, 2015, 01:31 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Reek - July 19, 2015, 08:13 AM
RE: in the middle of shadows - by Arion - July 19, 2015, 09:16 AM