Bearclaw Valley Play with me, I wanna go find you
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
To keep this fair, I went ahead and rolled a die for the two pairs. The results were that Nanook and Desna will be the winners in their little 'matches' for the first round. uwu

As the children slowly exited the den, many having just woken up from naps, Kove couldn't help but smile. He waited an extra while to see if Sesi was going to join them, but once it became clear she wasn't yet ready to come out, he turned his attention to the four before him. The adopted child seemed interested in playing, though the previously excited boy didn't appear to be reacting to the younger's actions. Assuming it was due to his presence, the ghost's minded started to work over some games from his youth. There were the classics that nearly every child knew, such as hide-'n-seek and tag, but he had something else in mind. Instead, he wished to teach them a game he'd been taught by his elder siblings, and had always witnessed the young of the pack playing in his homeland. Some might find the game to be an aggressive one, but that was far from the case. It centered around physical strength, and had a competitive edge to it, but he believed it would be perfectly fine. If those of his birth pack could play it without an issue, then so could his children and the little lion. Before he could start it, though, his attention was pulled to the largest of his daughters—a chubby puppy by the name of Desna. The motions she performed made it clear that she wanted food, but instead of giving it to her, he gave a shake of his head. "Later, I will bring you each something tasty to try," he started, giving each of them a glance before settling his gaze on the darkest of the children. Though his eyes were soft, there was a firmness to them that clearly stated he would not argue on the matter. "For now, you'll have to wait. Alright, Desna?"

Standing up, Kove then lowered his head back down to nudge the children closer. He moved Alexander closer to Nanook, and then gently scooted Desna towards Leo. "Pay close attention, little ones," the man started, doing his best to keep their attention as he explained and demonstrated the game. "This is called the 'musk ox push', and is a very simple game that relies on your strength." Lowering his head again, he started to give them a visual aid as he continued to speak about the challenge. "Keep your head down like this, and press it against your partner's shoulder. You have to keep all paws on the ground, and the goal is to push your partner passed a certain point." Standing back up again, the Inuit looked around the area, before heading off in a seemingly random direction. Seconds later, he was back and holding two sticks in his mouth. He set them both down in a spot behind the children, then picked one back up again and placed it opposite the other. It was his way of marking the spot in which the children had to get their opponent across. It'd be a challenge for them, he was sure, but he was also confident in their learning capabilities. Or, at least he was for his children. Kove did not yet know what to expect from the young knight, but he was still hopeful that the child would be able to understand and play the game. "I'll mix your partners up after each round," the ghost then added, a smile never leaving his face. Though he would not be playing, for obvious reasons, he was still very excited. For a brief moment, he wondered if his parents had felt the same sort of excitement when witnessing his elder siblings play, as well as when he and his littermates had started to learn the game. It made him feel as if Scarlett should be there with them, too, but that feeling didn't remain very long at all.
Messages In This Thread
Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Kove - July 25, 2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Xan - July 25, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by RIP Leo - July 25, 2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by RIP Valette - July 26, 2015, 08:07 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Nanook - July 26, 2015, 11:25 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Kove - August 09, 2015, 03:10 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Xan - August 09, 2015, 03:13 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Sesi - August 09, 2015, 05:58 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by RIP Leo - August 09, 2015, 11:44 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by RIP Valette - August 10, 2015, 05:23 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Nanook - August 13, 2015, 06:27 PM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Kove - August 28, 2015, 11:56 PM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Xan - August 29, 2015, 12:09 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by RIP Leo - September 12, 2015, 12:15 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by RIP Valette - September 12, 2015, 06:56 AM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Nanook - September 27, 2015, 04:51 PM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Kove - October 04, 2015, 01:09 PM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Xan - October 04, 2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by RIP Valette - October 04, 2015, 02:01 PM
RE: Play with me, I wanna go find you - by Nanook - October 16, 2015, 03:26 PM