ten feet under and upside down
29 Posts
Ooc —
Her question had been flippant, and stupid. Obviously this wasn't just any old wolf (he was actually kind of young, now that she looked at him properly), and his words confirmed her suspicions. This guy was part of a pack, and was higher up on the food chain. "Your p-p-p-pack -" She parroted, and then clamped her mouth shut. If Saskia couldn't speak clearly without stammering from the cold, there was no point in trying. The stranger continued to speak, and while he intimidated her with his demeanor, she worked her tongue over her teeth and gums to try and warm them up.

"We've got enough trouble as it is with the storms, so I don't want you snooping around my lands unless you're planning to make yourself useful." He said next, to which Saskia gave a little squeal (she'd bitten her tongue). With a tiny wince, and a throbbing sensation where the cold once was, it was time for her to take a leap. "I'm sorry. The storms, the rain it - it washed out the smells." But that was just a stupid excuse. She had done wrong, and had to pay for that. "I can be helpful! I c-can... Do whatever you want."

Well, that wasn't specific, but maybe it would hold his attention for a little longer. Saskia licked the chill from her lips and swallowed a mouthful of rain. "I'm a warrior," Yeah, like he'd believe that. "And a hunter. I c-can help feed your family." Both were lies, but she was desperate. Seeing how defensive and unhappy the stranger was when faced with a lone wolf, Saskia didn't expect to find any leniency here, especially after such a disaster had struck the lands.

She let out a sigh, and seemed to lose her spine, all at once. As she sank in the mud, her head bowed. "Look, I'm just... I need help. I'll die out here otherwise." Saskia lifted her head and watched the boy's face, and it was hard to tell if the rain was matting her fur or if those were tears sliding from her eyes. "Please."
Messages In This Thread
ten feet under and upside down - by RIP Saskia - July 28, 2015, 03:55 PM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by Charon - July 29, 2015, 02:29 AM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by RIP Saskia - July 29, 2015, 04:48 PM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by Charon - July 30, 2015, 01:28 AM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by RIP Saskia - July 30, 2015, 03:38 PM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by Charon - July 31, 2015, 03:07 AM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by RIP Saskia - July 31, 2015, 01:35 PM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by Charon - August 01, 2015, 05:30 AM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by RIP Saskia - August 02, 2015, 03:58 PM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by Charon - August 03, 2015, 02:03 PM
RE: ten feet under and upside down - by RIP Saskia - August 03, 2015, 08:00 PM