Firestone Hot Springs Not the kid you think I am
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Minor pping of her moving and cleaning him. PM if you'd like it changed~

The girl watched him closely, ears going erect when he moved. She didn't need to hear his request a second time, having decided long before he'd spoken that she would help him. How could she not? Straightening up, she glanced at the closest pool of water, then back at the child at her paws. "I'll need your help," she murmured, leaning back down so her muzzle hovered near his scruff. "If you can move at all, please do so. If you can't, keep completely still." It was her first time treating a child. Never had she needed to look after one before, and though that made her a bit hesitant at first, she knew that wasting time wouldn't do either of them any good. "I'm sorry, but this might sting," she announced, before securing her maw around the boys scruff as gently as she could. Asterr lifted him up, having to put a bit of effort into in, then proceeded to carry him towards the closest section of heated water.

Stepping into the pool, she moved the child along with her, making sure they stayed in shallow waters. With the water touching her ankles, she set him down and gave him a once over. "Please, do not move too much. This may hurt, but I promise you that it is necessary." Had she been any other, perhaps she would have just left the young wolf to look after himself. Lucky for him, that went against her morals. So instead of abandoning him and letting nature run its course, she lowered herself down into the water and kept the smaller form between her front paws. Slowly, she got to work, licking over his wounds and using her nose to push the warm water over him. Having noticed his paw while carrying him, she tried to keep from touching it, but knew she would need to take care of it as soon as the female was able.

Once his fur had been cleansed of the dried blood, her eyes were drawn to some of the scabs that had formed. Asterr gave him an apologetic glance, before working on removing the scabs. Any other time, a scab would be a wonderful thing, signifying the healing of an injury. This time, however, it appeared the wounds had gone untreated entirely, and so the clotted blood could be trapping some bacteria within his body. Not wanting to put him through the pain of an infection, she did not stop until every scab had been removed, no matter how small it was. When that task had been completed, she went back to cleaning him. The Draconid moved him a bit closer to the edge of thr water, leaving him there so the liquid could continue to wash over his body. "This is all I can do for now," she informed him, voice still laced with concern. "There's no herbs in this area, no plants I can use to help you." Finding any would be a bit difficult, what with winter approaching and her not having a pack to back her up. Still, though, there was always a chance to find things, if only she could get to a proper location. "We will have to move somewhere else, once you've rested. Until then, is there anything else you need? Are you hungry?" The girl hated the idea of leaving him for even a moment, but if food was something he needed, she would have no choice. Starvation would be a terrible thing to subject him to, especially at such a young age.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 18, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 18, 2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 18, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 18, 2015, 06:06 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 18, 2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 18, 2015, 11:34 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 20, 2015, 06:06 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 21, 2015, 01:04 AM