Firestone Hot Springs Not the kid you think I am
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Asterr could not help but smile as she watched the child eat. The motion of doing so was rather messy, but she could not bring herself to care. He was eating, and that was all that mattered. Besides, if it became too much of a problem, she did not mind giving him another bath. She was pleased he ceased his movements long enough to answer her inquiry, and she took in his response with a great deal of interest. Three names, the first two being similar to one another, but then the final one being the oddball out. Of course, it also happened to be his preferred name, and the name she would refer to him by. “My name is Asterr Draconid,” the dragon voiced, tone currently remaining in a constantly quiet state. It was almost as if she believed speaking too loud might further damage the boy. “It is nice to meet you, Leo.” Under better circumstances would have been the preferred method of crossing paths, but beggars could never be choosers. She felt terrible for him, unable to imagine what he must have gone through to be marked so thoroughly. While she primarily walked along a thin line that just barely prevented her from being labeled as a pacifist, even she was fully willing to give whoever had caused him harm a piece of her mind—so to speak.

Dastardly thoughts aside, she resumed her observations of the hatchling, mentally keeping track of his every movement. As he tore open the stomach of the pudgy rodent, she allowed him to feast for a few moments before letting out a soft chuff in an attempt to acquire his attention. “Slow down, lest you want to give yourself a stomachache,” she murmured, her faint smile making it clear she wanted only the best for him. Though she’d only just met Leo, she could not help but feel the need to watch over him. Perhaps it was due to her compassionate nature, though no matter the cause, it’d already been made clear to her that she would not be leaving his side anytime soon. Even Draco seemed to be pleased by her decision, as his presence in the back of her mind was filled with content. Well, neither the presence nor herself were entirely content, in all honesty. Asterr’s own mind was still filled with worries, especially when she’d catch a glimpse of his mangled paw, or recall how she’d yet to put any pastes over his wounds. Such thoughts made Draco nervous, too, the mental connection they shared never failing to weave their emotions together as well.

“Leo?” the Draconid girl started, having put the questions off for longer than she should have. “Where are your parents? Do you want to return to them?” So far, he’d yet to say anything concerning his familial relations on his own, which made her feel both curious and uneasy at the same time. The thought that maybe, just maybe, his parents had inflicted such injuries upon his small body was enough to make her blood boil—though you’d of never guessed it going by her outward appearance. She remained calm, on the outside, the risk of scaring the hatchling far too great. If she was given even the slightest of hints that his parents—his family—had been the root cause of his trauma, there’d be nothing in the world that would convince her to lead him back to such a dangerous place. She’d much rather look out for him on her own, anyways. Asterr was not troubled by the notion of becoming his guardian, even though winter was fast approaching. In her eyes, everything would work out well for them, since their meeting one another had been destined.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 18, 2015, 04:34 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 18, 2015, 05:02 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 18, 2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 18, 2015, 06:06 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 18, 2015, 06:59 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 18, 2015, 11:34 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by RIP Leo - October 20, 2015, 06:06 PM
RE: Not the kid you think I am - by Asterr - October 21, 2015, 01:04 AM