Swiftcurrent Creek I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt]
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
She felt her teeth sink into the tender flesh of the deer's nose. It cried out in pain and swung its head viciously, forcing the lithe Kesuk to fall back from its charging advance, but the damage was done. The deer had slowed marginally in response to the wolf's advance, and struggled to regain its former speed, allowing her comrades to either fall in beside it or catch up. Jinx was quick to spring away from the creature, then closed in again to nip at its sides, hoping to catch and tear flesh and open more wounds.

The beast bled freely now, from its nose and a variety of sites along its body. Even if the deer ran for several more miles, it would eventually collapse from blood loss, which is exactly what the wolves wanted. No wolf had qualms with following prey until it fell, and Jinx was the same. She fell in behind the deer, her pace slowing just enough to keep pace with the heavily bleeding animal. There was no need any longer for her to charge in and put herself in harm's way. The deer would fall.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I will grind your bones to make my bread [Pack Hunt] - by Jinx - March 11, 2014, 02:08 PM