Neverwinter Forest come take my hand, and focus on the light down at the end
252 Posts
Ooc —
There he was! And he did not run away from her. She had missed the tension that had come to him as she rounded a tree and yes, she could see him now! His smile was matched, and she let a small flicker of relief dance through her. Not outright hatred, at least. Surely the cub knew she and his father were mates now, the only thing they did not dole out before his and his siblings eyes was the plethora of affection they bore for one another. That, she felt, at present would be uncalled for. They only acknowledged to all that they were for one another, and one another alone. Like him and Bazi? A fractured thought came toward her, but she refused its presence. We are different.

As she thought of it, she had only seen her mate happy in the presence of she herself and when he had gone hours without seeing his mate. He was happy with his children, too. But after dealing with the pale woman he never appeared happy, and her heart hurt to see him that way.

Well, no more!

And surely his children would appreciate that he was happy now? Happier than he had been? Happy for days at a time! Not for hours that could end at any moment. The change in him was easy to see and easier still to identify. The change was there for her, too. She was free to admit her feelings, simply not the measure of it (namely to his children), to others.

His boyish features warmed her heart. But he would soon be a yearling among them! He looked a lot like Scimitar, though not as dark as her mate... and then there were his eyes, a totally different shade. But she saw more Scimitar in him than anything else, and was at ease in his presence. You busy? I was about to go take care of the borders a bit more, and could use the assistance, she admitted. Every scent counted, Eshe believed.
Messages In This Thread
RE: come take my hand, and focus on the light down at the end - by Eshe RIP - February 18, 2016, 01:39 PM