Big Salmon Lake cut my teeth on wedding rings
<font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#666666; letter-spacing:5px; line-height:11px;">LIKE THUNDER,<BR>GONNA SHAKE YOUR GROUND.</font>
37 Posts
Ooc — Kira

If there was something to fear here than fear would surely follow her. Katrina was an easily read teenager who certainly fell into the category of slightly gullible. To imagine something as fearful as a tentacle-bearing monster was enough to cause Kat to believe in such a story. Her imagination was more imaginative than she would have liked but when someone said danger, she was quick to assume the worst. Any sort of game that she had played prior to now seemed fairly unlikely to be of any use now. There were play fights when she was little but as they got older, they drifted slightly apart.

However, what she had not thought possible was possible to him. He, a complete stranger in her midst that she had never seen, or talked to for that matter, told her a rather personal story. Her question to him wasn't meant to stir up memories nor even put in his mind for him to talk to her (actually, she was pleasantly surprised that this wolf was a heavy talker as opposed to the strange guy she had met prior). The story that he spoken of seemed depressing and rather horrific, but Katrina knew that bad things happened and sometimes they couldn't be fixed.

With that being said she wasn't sure if he was looking for pity, sympathy or a 'cool story, bro' so she ushered herself to simply put on a little frown. Nodding in notion that she understood that water could be dangerous but this lake was contained so it was likely at least somewhat safe. Perhaps she should just not take the chance to go swimming for pleasure. Then she realized that she should probably at least say something to him other than act like an emotionless drone. I'm sorry for what happened to your siblings and for the sickness that plagued your sister and mother, would that be good enough? Or was just as bad of a conversationalist as Styx was?

All the while grinning and chatting with the woman she could not help but feel that her time here was unnecessary for the time being. There were places that she needed to get to before sundown and by simply chatting about a plague seemed interesting, she knew where her deeds lie. “It was a pleasure to meet you,” she answered and lowered her head in farewell before scampering off in the direction of the forest. Nearly halfway there she realized that she had not even caught the woman’s name nor had she given her own. Well, hopefully another time would call them together so that they could be properly introduced.

Messages In This Thread
cut my teeth on wedding rings - by Skyfall - July 24, 2013, 01:57 PM
RE: cut my teeth on wedding rings - by Katrina - July 24, 2013, 06:31 PM
RE: cut my teeth on wedding rings - by Skyfall - July 24, 2013, 09:28 PM
RE: cut my teeth on wedding rings - by Katrina - July 24, 2013, 11:14 PM
RE: cut my teeth on wedding rings - by Skyfall - July 25, 2013, 11:08 PM
RE: cut my teeth on wedding rings - by Katrina - August 01, 2013, 06:37 PM