Sunbeam Lair To the Roots
control
252 Posts
Ooc —
Maybe @Asterr or @Noctura could hop in? Set before this

Enough messing around. If he ever wanted to learn more about hunting, he had to at least make an effort. With knowledge with the old watch-and-learn, he was confident this time. Right after the pack hunt, he tried and tried again with hunting, but never succeeded. This time, he came at the problem with determination.

While stalking low to the ground, he had to rely greatly on his sense of smell and sight. With the commotion of voices in his head, he knew to give up on trying to hear. His eyes brightened with a sort of triumph when he caught he scent of something small.

He traveled more, body low, belly not even daring to brush against the earth. He came to a stop when he saw a small, brown creature on the forest floor. A vole; oblivious to the fact that a predator stood right behind it.

The vole had his full attention now. He crawled closer and his crawl turned to a full on sprint as the rodent went running. Not today, he told himself as he gave chase. He wouldn't give in to failure this time. Keep moving.

Leo would certainly not give failure a chance this time. After a long chase, he was able to gain close enough distance to grab the rodent by the skull. His teeth crushed the bones and a rush of blood ran over his tongue. The poor creature was surely dead by now.

The boy dropped his kill. At first he stared in disbelief, then a swell of pride washed over him. "I-I did it," he whispered, then saying more loudly. "Haha! I did it!" A broad smile spread across his maw and he picked up the kill. Leo walked frantically, wanting to show Asterr what he did.
”the voices”
Messages In This Thread
To the Roots - by RIP Leo - March 20, 2016, 12:12 AM
RE: To the Roots - by Asterr - March 20, 2016, 02:47 AM
RE: To the Roots - by Noctura - March 20, 2016, 04:57 AM
RE: To the Roots - by RIP Leo - March 23, 2016, 08:40 PM
RE: To the Roots - by Asterr - March 24, 2016, 01:26 AM
RE: To the Roots - by Noctura - March 28, 2016, 06:51 AM
RE: To the Roots - by RIP Leo - April 14, 2016, 07:09 PM
RE: To the Roots - by Asterr - April 17, 2016, 11:24 PM
RE: To the Roots - by Noctura - April 21, 2016, 11:13 AM