Phoenix Maplewood I know that you got daddy issues, and I do too
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
This thread is for Phoenix Maplewood members only. Important thread! I'm starting with the assumption everyone is present. This one is an emergency situation for the pack, so rounds will be quick; short posts are encouraged! Next round starts April 20th, sooner if everyone posts by then. Following rounds will involve them physically leaving. @Luke @Spring @Shreya @Laika @Grace @Desna @Casmir @Chosovi @Gaia (@Indra and @Laurel if you want!)

Upon returning to her den, Saena rounded up her pups in the sunlight and howled once, twice, three times for her pack to attend her. The urgent message was the same each time: come, come, come! They've no time to waste. The Dragons could be upon them be evenfall.

Now, the pack is assembled in front of Saena and Luke, the former pacing frantically, with her pups protected by the pair of them but visible to all. Her jaws are parted as she pants, clearly distressed. She takes a moment to collect herself, then says breathlessly to those assembled, "Esaro has broken my law, gone to the Dragons and sealed our fate. They attacked him, his actions an act of war on them. Now they will come for us." A panicked sob bubbles in her throat and the Alpha lowers her ears to the sides of her head, hackles rippling, as she attempts to compose herself. The prospect of losing her precious home, of endangering her vulnerable babes, all because of a wolf she should never have had faith in, made her feel physically ill.

"We are leaving the maplewood," she announced softly, painfully. "It seems the Dragons are allied with Reek. We can't fight them both, and I won't—I can't—endanger the lot of you by trying." She licks her lips nervously, as if anticipating backlash, but Saena knows it is hopeless. This is their only option for survival.

"We go to the mountains and then beyond," she tells them. "I won't force you to come, if you would rather go your own way... but to stay here is to die. This pack's survival is my utmost priority." Her ears switch back and forth and she turns to Luke. "We leave immediately. There's no telling when the Dragons will come. We need a headstart."

This decision is final for her and her family. She glances at her pups, and knows she can stop at nothing to bring them to safety. "Shreya," she says, glancing up at the elder, "I know you intended this to be your final destination. If you do not wish to travel more, I will understand completely if you go to Reek now." She wouldn't be as understanding of others, but she stands by her decision to let them choose for themselves. "We carry the cubs. Protect them at all costs. Please, I'll need a third to help me carry them." She already assumes Luke will take one, and hopes Spring or Casmir will accompany to take the other. Saena stoops to grasp Milo's scruff, hoisting him high into the air before turning with the intent of leading her wolves into the wilds.
Messages In This Thread
I know that you got daddy issues, and I do too - by Saēna - April 17, 2016, 11:29 AM