Phoenix Maplewood I know that you got daddy issues, and I do too
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Like many others in the pack, Shreya had felt it in the air. Others had seen it in wounds or heard it in tactical meetings, but Shreya, who stayed largely out of politics and never moved from the core of the territory, was one of the more ignorant souls among them, and couldn't predict exactly what was about to happen. But she had felt it, yes. The strain, the tension. The sad and inevitable fading of poor Esaro's scent from his usual haunts, the dim scent of blood carried by a wind from the northeast. Then the howl. Shreya had moved her den closer to Saena's since the birth of the pups, so was nearby when the call went up, and present on the scene as fast as her old legs could carry her. She beelined for the pups, her body low and submissive next to their little forms.

Despite all her worldly experience, Shreya knew little of war except what others had told her in their stories. Hers had been a reclusive and conservative pack, always peaceful and never changing. This was new to her, but there was one thing she could say for sure: I consider myself a Phoenix now. And that means flying away with you, Saena, and our packmates. She would have perhaps been slightly tempted to stay here if there could somehow be a pack-like group staying at the Maplewood, but that was not the case. Besides, she'd formed an instinctive attachment to her great grandchildren, and had much more to teach the youths of this pack. She would play her part and then some. Phoenixes did not fly solo.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I know that you got daddy issues, and I do too - by Shreya - April 17, 2016, 11:46 AM