Blackfeather Woods You were both born to be kings
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Every word was spoken. The wolves standing next to Damien had their own concerns, which they voiced for Burke to hear, and he damn well did. Potema came out of the shadows, citing the second tenet, and explaining how she believed Burke had broken it. Damien looked at her, relieved that she had made up her mind, but his expression remained the same. Cicero responded then, claiming that the pups would not be touched an that Malice would be allowed to leave untouched. It was to be expected from him, as Damien knew that his brother had a good relationship with Malice. However, like Burke, Cicero would have to accept whatever Damien decided. He had the pack behind him, and neither of them could take them all down. Still, Cicero's words sank in.

When Nemesis took her turn to speak, she did so with authority. She was the Beta after all, and she had indeed warned Burke that Malice would only bring problems to the pack. Her words, like Kove's, expressed the betrayal they felt from Burke. And Burke had a response for all of them.

The Alpha took his turn to speak, to defend himself from the accusations, and he took his time and heart to do so. Damien listened, honoring the respect he still had for the one who had taught him most of what he knew, for the one who had been there, as he'd claimed, as a father. And it shook Damien's heart to listen. With his heart on his hand, Burke asked to be given a second chance, something Damien had been expecting.

"A second chance?" asked the dark prince after a thoughtful silence. "You did betray us, Burke. You betray your dark Brother and Sister here, who have proved themselves to you, to me, and to Meldresi through hard work and blood. You betrayed them when you chose to breed with this female, impregnate her and allow her to bring your bastards to the world when Kove and Nemesis were more than qualified -not to say the obvious choice- to provide the pack with a new generation devoted to Mephala and Sithis, raised by wolves devout to Mephala and Sithis. You also betrayed your late queen and mate by housing your mistress in her own home, the place where she gave birth to her first litter, the place where she gave birth to your children and where she took her last breath. You betrayed us, your sons and daughters by letting her birth your bastards among us as if they belonged here. And you betrayed your pack because when the plague came you were too busy feeding her to see that we were starving. We still are." he added pointing at Cicero, disappointment starting to water his eyes by that point.

"Did you plan on bringing them here since the beginning, Burke? Did you even plan them at all? Because it sounds to me like you are using my sister's opinion as an excuse to free yourself from these charges," Damien said accusingly, looking at Potema sternly as if blaming her for giving Burke an escape route. "She might be right, though... They could be of use to us, but I doubt Malice can be the mother we need for them. he sighed, coming to a conclusion about another matter, "And you're right," he admitted to Burke, "for as much as I dislike the circumstances of her presence, Malice still does deserve a chance to prove herself," he said, looking back at Nemesis who he thought might be opposed to that thought. "I guess you ruined that for her too..." he spoke as he slowly turned back to Burke again.

Damien hated the situation he was in. He had never ceased to see Burke as his paternal figure, not ever since he started teaching him about fighting, about life, and not even when he messed up with Malice. Damien had to admit one thing to himself, he did not want to lose Burke because of this female, she wasn't worth it, but Burke didn't seem to see that.

"We both know that even if your intention was to replace my mother, you wouldn't even get close to it," he commented, and the pain in his words could be felt through the air. "We all lost her, not just you. And we will not stop mourning her because she cannot be replaced. She will always be our Queen, our way of life. But if you wish to continue your life, to get over her, then there's no way for me to stop you nor a reason to do so." he confirmed, "However, if you do then it will not be among these trees. This forest still, and will always belong to Meldresi." Damien declared, still strong with his decision and his belief, yet somewhat shaken by the words that had come out of Burke's mouth. They had made him realize how much Blackfeather Woods would change without him, not to mention that he was the only parental figure left, even if he wasn't his blood father.

Stark white eyes looked at everyone around. Kove, Nemesis, Potema and finally Cicero. Damien looked at his brother with fondness, but also with pain.

"I disagree with my brother," stated Damien resolutely, "I don't think it is too late to discuss this. You were a good leader while it lasted, and I am sure there is still a lot for me to learn from you, father. But I don't see you fit to lead this pack, or the Brotherhood anymore. You lack the vehemence to make this pack one to be afraid of, and that will only worsen with your age now." he stated confidently, remembering how Burke once admitted not having punished Grimnir even though he knew he was responsible of Potema's attack, and when Akela raised to leadership seemingly only because he was Burke's friend while he hadn't even shown interest in the Pack's way of life. Blackfeather Woods was supposed to be an elite, to wreak havoc upon the land and to make shivers run down the spine of anyone who knew of their existence, but it wasn't even close. Many thoughts ran through Damien's mind, thoughts of hate, thoughts of love, regretful thoughts and autharchic thoughts. All of those ideas seemed to repel each other even if Damien tried to reconcile them into a decision.

Decisions...

Decisions...

"I will not kill you." resolved the dark prince after silent deliberation, "I will offer you the choice to stay. If you accept you would be my adviser. You were a good Alpha after all," Damien spoke with compassion in an unexpected turn of events, even for himself, but in a second his expression became imperious once again. "If you don't you will not see this land, or your pups again. They will stay to become soldiers whether it is with you as their mentor or not." the dark heir finished, trying his best to come to a middle ground between his own conflicctive thoughts. Now it was all on Burke's field. Damien would not back down, and he was confident his supporters wouldn't either. He was going to rule over Blackfeather Woods, and he would make sure the pack reached it's full potential. But first he had to solve pressing matters and figure out a way to survive the hunger, something Burke was not even showing promise in fulfilling.

this took a while...
btw this reminds me a lot of that time Dany meets the dwarf... :v
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
Messages In This Thread
You were both born to be kings - by Malice - June 04, 2016, 01:20 PM
RE: You were both born to be kings - by Burke - June 04, 2016, 01:41 PM
RE: You were both born to be kings - by Malice - June 04, 2016, 02:57 PM
RE: You were both born to be kings - by Burke - June 04, 2016, 03:28 PM
RE: You were both born to be kings - by Malice - June 04, 2016, 03:56 PM
RE: You were both born to be kings - by Pyro - June 04, 2016, 09:37 PM
RE: You were both born to be kings - by Damien - June 04, 2016, 09:52 PM
RE: You were both born to be kings - by Nemesis - June 04, 2016, 10:05 PM