Raven's Watch and at once i knew i was not magnificent
112 Posts
Ooc — Risa
The mute wolfdog in front of her made what she perceived as a sheepish gesture near her when she gave her own home that made her think of the younger wolves and pups back home, and it put her at at relaxed ease. Whether or not he was actually younger than her, she did not know, but there seemed to be more play and youth in his eyes than she had felt in a while as a lone wolf. Menta smiled at this reminder of one of the more pleasant memories of home and for a moment almost lapsed into the more familiar Italian.

Mute, she reminded herself quickly, not foreign. For he still understood her, and for that she would need to keep with English. He nodded, now, to her question about the bird -- but not his need to break anything. The cream's yellow eyes widened as she watched him seem to reach out now for the raven and its held treasure. Oh! she exclaimed, now thinking that she understood. You want its rock?

Menta was comfortable enough now to take a few steps closer to both him and the raven, her head tilted up to take a better look at the latter. It still fluttered out of the proximity of the boy's reach, and the cream hadn't even needed to think before deciding that she needed to help him to get at what he wanted. Perhaps a bark would startle the bird into dropping its treasure? A leap towards it?

Menta worried that both actions also had the potential for simply scaring it away while still maintaining a hold, so she looked back over at her new friend. How can I help? she asked, hopeful that he had manuevered this before and could somehow communicate his ideas. 
Messages In This Thread
and at once i knew i was not magnificent - by Amoxtli - June 16, 2016, 03:16 PM
RE: and at once i knew i was not magnificent - by Menta - July 11, 2016, 12:55 PM