Silvertip Mountain I'm past being hungry
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had been walking the territory, looking for both trespassers and food, should either happen to be nearby. Today wasn't his lucky day, and it was about to get a lot worse. Niita's urgent call reached his ears and he abandoned his stroll to run to her. He wasn't expecting what he would find, though hindsight would tell him he shouldn't have been surprised.

He came to a sudden stop at the edge of the clearing, his gaze first on Niita, then turning it to the lifeless body of his Beta. Steady stepped forward, coming to Zaria's side, his nose sniffing her, as if he could't quite believe it. It was a few moments before he lifted his muzzle to the sky and called the pack together. His softened gaze turned to Niita. Niita, can you go get the pups, please? he asked softly. 

He opened his jaws to grab Zaria's scruff and pull her from the mud and into dry soil.

Impromptu pack meeting! This is Mandatory! Each round will last 7 days, or when everyone replies, whichever comes first. If your wolf does not attend, Steady will take that as their departure from the pack. Even if you miss the first round, get a post in later, and your wolf is safe! @Krypton @Phocion @Ezekiel @Anita @Makui @Reiko @Odette @Stoic (@Chaska If he can get here, great, but I know he's injured so he's exempt from this meeting).

Giving them all some time to get there, Steady sat back on his haunches, and waited patiently. When all who were going to be there arrived, he spoke. This famine has cost us greatly. As of today, we've lost at least three to starvation, possibly more, though I choose to believe Mason is out there somewhere, he began, his gaze moving from one wolf to another. As your Alpha, I have to do what is best for this pack, and allowing you to starve yourselves isn't it. Each of you has been dedicated to feeding the pups, and I appreciate that. He paused, his gaze moving to Fitz and Zaria's pups, unsure how they would take what he said next. He looked back to the adults. Zaria gave her life to these pups, feeding them, defending them, living for them... and dying for them. Now, she'll give one last time to all of us. 

With that, Steady lowered his head and sunk his teeth into Zaria's dead body, ripping flesh from bone. Knowing it would be harder for the pups to see, and do this, he took the chunk to them, laying it at their paws. They may hate him for this, they may never forgive him, but he was only doing all that he could to keep them alive. He looked to the others. Eat, he commanded. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
I'm past being hungry - by Zaria - June 17, 2016, 03:47 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Niita - June 17, 2016, 05:55 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Zaria - June 18, 2016, 04:11 AM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Niita - June 18, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Steady - June 18, 2016, 11:04 AM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Niita - June 18, 2016, 12:36 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Ezekiel - June 18, 2016, 12:40 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Reiko - June 18, 2016, 02:09 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Jackrabbit - June 18, 2016, 02:25 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Makui - June 18, 2016, 02:36 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Reiko - June 18, 2016, 02:51 PM