Silvertip Mountain I'm past being hungry
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
If another round isn't needed, this can be the last one!

Edit: No time frame, no posting order.

He knew it wouldn't be easy on anyone, whether they knew Zaria or not, to feast upon her body. They all knew she was a valued member of the pack, a former leader, and mother to the next generation. But, Steady knew Zaria would not want it any other way. She valued life, and even in her morbid way, would do whatever she could to keep them alive. Steady was doing his best to allow her to live her legacy one last time. 

Some ate, some didn't, nor would Steady force them to. It would be on them if they didn't take the meat offered, and perished because of starvation. Maybe they weren't there yet, but he knew some of them were approaching dangerously close to that line, and he didn't know if he could handle one more wolf dying. 

His heart broke as Odette ran, his ears flicked back on his head. He turned to go after her, but second-guessed himself. Her mother had just died, and what she witnessed was not easy for an adult, let alone a pup. For now, he would leave her be, assuming he could find her at the den later on, with Stoic. Steady hadn't seen him at all, and guessed he had stayed behind at the den. 

He picked up the chunk he had laid at Odette's paws and gulped it down. Zaria would provide nutrients for the ones who ate, for at least another day. Later, when he allowed himself to feel, his heart would break over this day. But, still, he knew he was simply trying to do what was best. 

When all had finished, Steady would take Zaria's bones, and what was left of her body, and bury her next to Fitz, where she belonged. If there was an after life, he hoped they were together.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
I'm past being hungry - by Zaria - June 17, 2016, 03:47 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Niita - June 17, 2016, 05:55 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Zaria - June 18, 2016, 04:11 AM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Niita - June 18, 2016, 10:13 AM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Steady - June 18, 2016, 11:04 AM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Niita - June 18, 2016, 12:36 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Ezekiel - June 18, 2016, 12:40 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Reiko - June 18, 2016, 02:09 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Jackrabbit - June 18, 2016, 02:25 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Makui - June 18, 2016, 02:36 PM
RE: I'm past being hungry - by Reiko - June 18, 2016, 02:51 PM