Firefly Glen you're familiar like my mirror years ago
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
The Fen? That where you've been hiding. He retorted, not thinking. It was an odd statement when one did not have all the facts. Had Njal known that his son had survived and been living so far south, maybe he would have led a happier life. Maybe he wouldn't have let himself go in such a manner. Tuwawi would still be with him, their life could be so much better if only he hadn't lost everyone, one by one. Ah, but now he was really showing his age — mentally sifting through his guilt-laden memories.

He cleared his throat again, and this time his breath did wheeze from him, but he did not fall to another spell of coughing. Njal was shaking his head a little while other thoughts popped in and out, but he fell oddly quiet and reflective for a minute or two. Whether he heard the offer or not, he didn't seem to react to it. Instead he focused on something else - something playing out in his own head while he watched the brand new shoots of grass twitch in the breeze.

Mentally he was looking down at the languid form of Tuwawi; reclined in all her fiery splendor within the shadows of the glen, with tiny bugs filled with light dancing around her face. To Njal she was right there, spread out before him, fat, and lazy, as if she were filled with an endless litter of babies. And she was smiling up at him; a dappling of light cascaded from above, catching in her eyes, turning them bright and gold, then green like the grass, and Njal smiled. 

If only.. Proudheart, he murmured, not having forgotten Valtyr in his entirety, but not entirely here himself. If only you could see him.
Messages In This Thread
you're familiar like my mirror years ago - by RIP Njal - June 18, 2016, 01:31 PM
RE: you're familiar like my mirror years ago - by RIP Njal - June 26, 2016, 02:25 PM