Golden Glade Gotta Do What You Gotta Do...
343 Posts
Ooc — Shannon
Aspen listened as Shalon spoke. She stated that should the time be well she would be more than happy to share the stories that she remembered. With that Aspen smiled if only for a moment. 

Shalon then frowned slightly although Aspen couldn't be sure if there was a story untold in the reasoning behind Shalon's solemn look or if simply she was reflecting on the night of the attack as well. She spoke saying that she had been feeling like her actions on that day were becoming more and more insignificant and with that Aspen could relate. But Shalon's statement changed to saying that what happened happened and there was nothing that Aspen or herself could have done to change that. 

Shalon appeared to close her eyes for a moment as if listening to the world around her. Then she spoke asking if Aspen could hear it. Then opened her eyes and clarified further explaining that she meant the glade and everything that came with it. Stating that Aspen owned this land and that she lived and breathed to protect it. That she would stay because Aspen stayed and that she was there because Aspen was there and that it wouldn't change.

Aspen couldn't quite explain it but those words meant so much to the queen. She had never seen or experienced so much loyalty from a wolf and it made Aspen proud to have Shalon as her follower. Shalon also explained that the wolves may not always agree with the choices she made but because she is queen they would follow them no matter what. Aspen nodded as she realized how true that statement was. Even though Aspen was bound to make mistakes she was happy to know that the wolves would not leave her side at the first sign of trouble.

"I do worry about my decisions simply for fear that I will loose the loyalty and trust of my pack, I have been betrayed by wolves many a time in the past and the reason I am here with Charley is to live the life that we believe we deserved and that other wolves should live like. There shouldn't be betrayals that's a feeling I wouldn't wish on anyone. I strongly believe that to be a pack wolf you must not only be loyal to your alphas but the alphas should return that loyalty and trust to their followers," she stopped realizing she was probably going on a tangent. "I just don't want to mess this up, and let you guys down," Aspen shrugged knowing now she was just repeating herself.

"Don't mind me aha I tend to repeat myself, I'm sure I will figure this all out, I am confident that Charley and I have found a solid group of wolves such as yourself to join us and you all don't seem like the kind of wolves to run at the first sign of trouble," Aspen stated trailing off at the end. She meant every word of what she said. 

Aspen nodded once more as Shalon stated that wolves were bound to get hurt but that that was their duty as followers of the king and queen. To help protect them and further their name. That was the meaning of true loyalty.

"You have not stepped out of line Shalon, I needed to hear the words that you spoke and I want to thank you for making me realize the true meaning of the word loyalty. Until now I don't think I understood truly what it meant to have a wolf show their loyalty to you and what that entailed. Growing up the way I did that was not something I had ever experienced. I thank you for showing me that and for declaring your undying loyalty for this pack and towards us. Just know that you will recieve the same amount of loyalty from us in return. As well as respect," Aspen said with a warm smile and she stood and padded over to nudge Shalon's shoulder in thanks and as a friend.

Aspen would not be surprised if Shalon was one of the first to enter the inner circle. Aspen had a good feeling about her and knew that she was a wolf she could go to as a training partner but also if she needed somebody to talk to. This was a wise wolf, perhaps wiser than the queen herself.
~ Until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of. It gives you the ability to build yourself all over again, but stronger than ever. ~
Messages In This Thread
Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 02, 2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 11:22 AM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 01:13 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 02:26 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 03:02 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 03:53 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 07:07 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Aspen - July 03, 2016, 07:52 PM
RE: Gotta Do What You Gotta Do... - by Shalon - July 03, 2016, 09:39 PM