Felltree Marsh i was in darkness
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
It occured to Banner then that perhaps she was thrusting a lost part of her own consciousness onto Ghost.  His self-control, the steady way he handled himself - it was all achingly foreign to her.  How often had she longed to reign in her own emotions during a seething rage?  How many times had she begged into the lonely night, her breathing ragged and body weak, for her mind to mend itself just enough to stop her wheeling emotions?  She drew in a harsh breath, her gaze falling from the male as he sat back and waited.  Waited for what?  She didn't know where to go from here.  Conversation hadn't ever been her.. thing.  But it wasn't his, either.

She blinked rapidly, her eyes still downcast, before focusing on the crane again.  Well, if nothing else, she'd better figure out a way to get this back.  Ghost had offered it, after all, and it'd be a shame to waste resources like that.  "Ah.." she began, her tongue struggling to form words as her brain raced to formulate conherent thoughts.

"Can you..?" Banner faltered again, lifting her green eyes up to Ghost and then briskly looking down at the crane.  Sure, it'd be a shame to waste the feathered resource by leaving it here, but it also seemed a shame to drag it through the mud.  She would have been worried about an undignified death, but such things didn't ever cross her mind.  It was the feathers that concerned her more.  The short female hopped down from her perch, cringing again as her paws were sucked asunder by the marsh's brownish muck.

She drew nearer, singularly focused on the crane.  The thought that Ghost would retreat again had crossed her mind, but his reaction couldn't be helped.  As far as plans went, she didn't have one.  And Banner wasn't sure how to ask him for assistance getting the winged creature back to the Keep.  He woudn't be able to follow her all the way - Marauder's Keep had their rules of engagement with outsiders, aftter all - but maybe carrying it to the edge of the marsh?  She nosed the crane's white and gray feathers almost lovingly.  Feathers were something she adored, strangely enough.

Her eyes rolled up to meet his, the whites in stark contrast to her green irises.  This vantage point left her feeling a little ridiculous because the Marauder knew she was now giving him the wide-eyed gaze of a puppy.  ".. help?" she asked, her low voice sounding much smaller than usual.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
Messages In This Thread
i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 11, 2016, 07:24 AM
RE: i was in darkness - by Banner - July 13, 2016, 07:00 PM
RE: i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 14, 2016, 04:20 AM
RE: i was in darkness - by Banner - July 14, 2016, 11:31 AM
RE: i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 14, 2016, 03:40 PM
RE: i was in darkness - by Banner - July 14, 2016, 04:16 PM
RE: i was in darkness - by Buchanan - July 14, 2016, 05:57 PM