Blacktail Deer Plateau Flawless
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I thought I'd post again and poke this toward a conclusion. :)

Indeed, visitors came, though thankfully not in droves. Peregrine met both Pied and Blue Willow with smiles that clearly said, I'm a proud papa. His face glowed whenever he looked upon his mate and pups. He accepted their congratulations and the Healer's gift with a gracious nod, a thump of his tail and a quiet, deep, "Thank-you."

When Atticus's howl poured over the territory, the Alpha male cocked his head and smiled. Whatever issues still lingered between the brothers, Peregrine was too happy to let them touch him today. Atticus sounded truly proud too, which warmed his heart, as did his litter mate's promise of gifts to come.

Pied didn't linger long. After wishing the new family well, she shuffled back to her burrow. Peregrine's dusky eyes followed her, unaware that this would be the last time he saw her alive. His gaze then flicked to the medic and he reported, "Everything went perfectly, as far as I can tell." Thankfully, there was no need for direct medication attention for either mother or babies.

Knowing the pack's members would come and go a lot in the coming days, Peregrine positioned himself in the den's mouth presently, blocking Hawkeye and the tiny newborns from view. He would be happy to tell any passerby about their status but he didn't want his family constantly disturbed. Like a good husband and father, he watched over them and kept them safe, standing between them and the great big world, his fierce love written plainly on his swarthy face.
Messages In This Thread
Flawless - by Hawkeye - March 31, 2014, 01:52 PM
RE: Flawless - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 31, 2014, 03:48 PM
RE: Flawless - by Hawkeye - March 31, 2014, 04:20 PM
RE: Flawless - by Peregrine Redhawk - March 31, 2014, 04:43 PM
RE: Flawless - by RIP Tytonidae - March 31, 2014, 05:51 PM
RE: Flawless - by Junior - March 31, 2014, 07:37 PM
RE: Flawless - by Pied - April 01, 2014, 12:28 PM
RE: Flawless - by Atticus - April 01, 2014, 11:27 PM
RE: Flawless - by Blue Willow - April 04, 2014, 03:18 PM
RE: Flawless - by Peregrine Redhawk - April 08, 2014, 08:46 PM