Herbalists' Cache you know i'm going under
27 Posts
Ooc — Jem
@Kjalarr No worries! :) Thanks for starting.

The sun was ascending, but the copper coated female didn't pause to take in the sunrise. She knew that the sky was blushed with peach, that rose dusted the undersides of the clouds which threaded through the heavens; she knew that, if she looked up, the sight would be exquisite, perhaps even breathtaking. Selkie couldn't afford to have her breath taken away by something as common as a sunrise.

She had travelled for nearly a full day and night, stopping only in an attempt to fill her belly. She had only halfway succeeded in that endeavour: one sleek young rabbit was no more, and the she-wolf's stomach still complained. It wasn't enough to eat her fill sporadically, and she knew it. She needed a steady source of food – but for as long as she was alone in the world, she had her doubts that one would be forthcoming.

Selkie had passed the borders of more than one pack in the past day and a half. She had been tempted, but she knew better than to put down roots on a whim, so she stuck to the neutral territories rather than calling at any of the borders.

And now she found herself surrounded by trees once again. There was nothing particularly special about this place upon an initial scan of the thick canopy and crowded forest floor. Perhaps that was a good thing; perhaps it was a well kept secret of the region.

Her nose told her that she was sharing the forest with another, a fact which the diminutive female tried to brush off at first. There was only so long she could spend counting the different varieties of plants, though, and soon she found herself hoping to bump into the stranger.

She heard footfalls and paused, her nose lifting from a cluster of berries. “'Ello,” she greeted the unseen wolf. Better to announce herself than to give the impression that she was sneaking around.
Messages In This Thread
you know i'm going under - by Kjalarr - July 14, 2016, 04:38 AM
RE: you know i'm going under - by Selkie - July 14, 2016, 06:37 AM
RE: you know i'm going under - by Kjalarr - July 15, 2016, 05:26 AM
RE: you know i'm going under - by Selkie - July 16, 2016, 02:38 PM
RE: you know i'm going under - by Kjalarr - July 30, 2016, 04:38 AM