Honeyed Pasture Cut off his head immediately, and stick it on a pike!
100 Posts
Ooc — JB
Oh my god she's a ball of anxiety, I love her.

His expression was on the mark. She confessed herself before him, as he expected, and overall her rambling... It baffled him. Not because she made no sense, because she did make sense, eventually, but because she used so many words to say something so obviously wrong. Or partly wrong. Yes, he was injured, but no he did not need help. And the fact she was offering it made him... Not exactly nervous, but sort of suspicious. What would she earn out of such a venture? It would be a waste of resources and time, for both of them, to unite under the assumption that she could help him in any way. The false expression melted off his face as he comprehended her words, and then he was staring blankly at her, because Tetsubo honestly had no idea what to do about the situation. This had not been a part of his training.

I am injured, then was tended, he wheezed again, and snorted a breath back through his nose as if preparing a loogie, but instead he swallowed hard and ran his tongue over his nose and upper lip, as if contemplating something intensely. And you... Feel... Bad... Because I do not heal faster? That's what it boiled down to, in a way. She couldn't help him unless she could miraculously make his ribs pop back in to place, or knit bone to bone, or weave the tapestry of his flesh back to the way it was. More importantly, he couldn't fathom why that appeared to bother her.

The boy leaned in close then, as if to impart a secret, and he stared hard at her for a second or two. One of his eyes was still a bit dilated from the blow to his head, but it would return to normal soon - so said the caretakers - and so from one side the woman appeared to be slightly fuzzy and more luminous, and Tetsubo thought, if I am a creature of the nether, what could she be? But he voiced a different thought, and that was, Were you the one that struck me down? If that was the case, he would require retrobution - and his body prickled as he spoke - but he knew it was some other beast, something otherwordly, which had directed him towards Skellige. This woman was nothing but a random obstacle set floating through the reeds - like a puff of dandelion.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Cut off his head immediately, and stick it on a pike! - by Tetsubō - July 22, 2016, 12:29 AM