Honeyed Pasture Cut off his head immediately, and stick it on a pike!
100 Posts
Ooc — JB
Whatever she had figured out, Tetsubo could only stare blankly at her when she smiled, because he did not think the topic of one's own death should bring about such a contortion to the face. He watched her with a slight squint, as if he were about to ask, why is your face doing that thing? But he did not bother asking; he was caught upon her own statement, which also seemed out-of-place, because the world was indeed a terrible place, but dying had always been impressed upon him as being a bad thing.

I would not try, he stated flatly in relation to her comment, I assure you, your death would be quick, painless, and noble, unless my lord ordered otherwise. Did she not understand? He held the power — the prowess — and believed himself to be a great force. Perhaps it was only ego, but Tetsubo was ignorant of that term, and if questioned he would cite his creation - as a being of the nether - as the reason for his conviction. Thus far it was an idle threat, if that. She posed to him no danger, so he would not defend himself, and Skellige did not wish her dead. But if he did, then it would happen, for the will of his master could not be ignored.

The world... he murmured next, as if trying to wrap his head around the concept that the universe had a conscience, or a willpower, of its own. This too did not interest him for long, because it was such a strange and fanciful notion. The world is not terrible, nor good, it just is. Oh god, things were starting to get existential.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Cut off his head immediately, and stick it on a pike! - by Tetsubō - July 22, 2016, 02:20 PM