Hushed Willows oh, it's definitely the end times
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
a wild occasion when mordecai is rambly, oh no. he's said more here than he has in months probably.

If anything, Banner's words affirmed a sinking suspicion in Mordecai's thoughts over the last few days—something was not right with Tavi. He had not entirely been able to pinpoint it for himself and was inclined to chalk it up to his mixed feelings regarding his mate's co-alpha. And if Stark also felt that way, given that he had a much better relationship with her... well, that was just gravy. A knot of tension worked its way into his gut at that thought, and stayed.

"What happened is that a wolverine attacked Harlyn, sent her down cliffside higher up than here. I'm not sure what Tambourine was doing, probably following her, but he was there when Tavi found him," Mordecai explained, roping together the bits and pieces Harlyn had relayed to him after the fact. "Harlyn said he was trying to help her and Tavi—Octavia—well, to me and when I got there she was after Harlyn." His mouth felt dry; he hadn't relayed what he had seen to anyone. The nagging sensation of being choosy with his words remained.

"I don't know Octavia very well at all. We've talked a handful of times, maybe once at length. But the wolf that day was not the same as the one that just called a meeting with us all earlier. There's something off about her now, something's changed." His deviation came thoughtlessly and his one-eyed gaze found its way back to Banner only then. "Pippin must have been following one of us, or heard the commotion. He got involved because he saw me drive Octavia away from Harlyn," or so he believed, "and I didn't see him to stop him. He did go after Tam. Tavi went after him. It was a mess."

Mordecai shook his head dismissively, wondering how much she knew. What version of the story did she have? No doubt one that made them all out to be the big bad, but he considered how well that story would have spread. It apparently hadn't gone far, not that he expected the wavering numbers of the pack to rise up to come and drive them out. Not even Tavi had come around and that he found concerning too. "She hurt him. Pippin. That's part of why I want to find him. This famine's already played hell with him. A few weeks ago he didn't have the energy to enjoy much of anything and now... hell if I know what he's running on." Once again as though it could punctuate a sense of urgency within him, the thunder rolled distantly. More distant than it had been. And he felt more weary than he had minutes ago.

"If you want to help look for him though, I won't say no. I'd appreciate it."
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
oh, it's definitely the end times - by Banner - July 23, 2016, 06:31 PM
RE: oh, it's definitely the end times - by Mordecai - July 24, 2016, 01:33 AM
RE: oh, it's definitely the end times - by Banner - July 24, 2016, 09:07 AM
RE: oh, it's definitely the end times - by Mordecai - July 24, 2016, 12:34 PM
RE: oh, it's definitely the end times - by Banner - July 24, 2016, 01:14 PM
RE: oh, it's definitely the end times - by Mordecai - July 24, 2016, 03:08 PM
RE: oh, it's definitely the end times - by Banner - July 24, 2016, 04:48 PM
RE: oh, it's definitely the end times - by Mordecai - July 26, 2016, 12:43 AM
RE: oh, it's definitely the end times - by Banner - July 26, 2016, 04:57 PM