Totoka River tomorrow will be kinder
54 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
The first thing he became aware of, upon waking, was hot breath on his wound. At once, his cooled anger took on a new form - he had fled miles and miles from the demon's pack, but it had come to plague him, still. Not just plague him, but eat him. Finish him off. The feel of its tongue on his flesh was too much to bear, and with a roar like a dragon, Marbas turned and sank his fangs into the demon's flesh. Bone and weakness stopped his teeth from causing the proper damage such a creature deserved, but Marbas gave it a good shake, two, and then held on with all his might. His wound stung all the more with the force of his bite, but he continued to clamp down upon the soft flesh and silken fur, intent on killing the beast even if it meant his own life was forfeit.

The second thing he became aware of was the sweet, clean scent of Siren, and the taste of blood and flesh that now mingled with the salt-taste of her fur. For a few long, endless moments, Marbas kept her in his grasp.

Kill her - she will never forgive you, now. 

He could already see the look she would give him, could already feel the sting of her fear and hatred.

What right does she have? What right to judge me? This is her fault - she should have known not to crowd me, come near me when I'm injured, stick her nose into my wound!

His jaws tightened infinitesimally around the place where her neck met her chest, and then all strength and resolve fled the bastard Cairn. His jaws released, though his teeth still caught and tore as his head fell to the ground. Once there, he laid still. Neck bared and eyes closed, he waited for the girl to flee, to take revenge. Anything.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, his voice losing all traces of his practiced stoicism to reveal the young, anguished wolf beneath.

I am a monster, and a Cairn afterall.
Messages In This Thread
tomorrow will be kinder - by Marbas - July 25, 2016, 04:30 PM
RE: tomorrow will be kinder - by Coelacanth - July 25, 2016, 06:15 PM
RE: tomorrow will be kinder - by Marbas - July 25, 2016, 06:34 PM
RE: tomorrow will be kinder - by Coelacanth - July 25, 2016, 09:42 PM
RE: tomorrow will be kinder - by Marbas - July 25, 2016, 10:09 PM
RE: tomorrow will be kinder - by Coelacanth - July 25, 2016, 11:27 PM
RE: tomorrow will be kinder - by Marbas - July 25, 2016, 11:43 PM
RE: tomorrow will be kinder - by Coelacanth - July 26, 2016, 12:59 AM