Greatwater Lake they'll nosh you up
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
The silence that stretched between them might have felt awkward for someone more talkative, though Koontz didn't mind it. She did feel slightly bad for Whimbrel, as evidently her question had stumped him, at least momentarily. While he processed it and came up with an answer, she made a point not to look at him too directly, lest he feel pressured into blurting out some inane response. She almost said, Take your time, but decided that was a bit too patronizing.

Eventually, he provided a short, succinct answer. "It does," she assured him. "And, well," she continued, "we sort of have a theme going but we don't play host to any actual dragons, unfortunately." Her lips twitched. "The Alpha, Ariston, and I just founded the pack not too long ago, so it's still in its infant stages. We're discussing duties and the like, hoping to keep the spirit alive and all that." Koontz realized she was babbling, so she cut herself off with a quick smile.

Intuiting that the conversation might die a very awkward death if she didn't keep the momentum going from her end, Koontz asked, "What brings you to the park? I don't usually interrogate people about their pasts but I suppose it's interesting hearing a tale or two here and there." She was especially interested in the reason why someone like Whimbrel—someone even more introverted than herself—would go out on his own.
Messages In This Thread
they'll nosh you up - by Whimbrel - July 28, 2013, 10:51 AM
RE: they'll nosh you up - by Koontz - July 28, 2013, 11:48 AM
RE: they'll nosh you up - by Whimbrel - July 28, 2013, 12:11 PM
RE: they'll nosh you up - by Whimbrel - July 28, 2013, 12:42 PM
RE: they'll nosh you up - by Whimbrel - July 31, 2013, 02:13 PM
RE: they'll nosh you up - by Koontz - July 28, 2013, 12:32 PM
RE: they'll nosh you up - by Koontz - July 28, 2013, 03:18 PM
RE: they'll nosh you up - by Koontz - July 31, 2013, 09:23 PM