Larksong Grotto Creeping in my soul
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Apologies on the wait!

Though his responsibility to his children took the front seat in Hiram's day to day routine, the Cardinal still had a long list of duties to fulfill as leader of the grotto. The borders needed to be tended to and marked where need be. And so, he set out in the morning from his grotto while his daughters were in the throes of sleep for some much needed peace and quiet. He needed this. Though he loved both of his girls tremendously, if he had to listen to another of Laurel's tantrums, Hiram honestly felt he might truly go crazy...

As if he hadn't already.

He breathed deeply, allowing his eyes to shut as he blindly ambled along the border. Even in the height of summer, the crisp mountain air of the taiga remained comfortably mild. He opened his eyes and looked to the sun, burning brightly in the sky, and gave thanks for what he had. For what the Lord had given him. All was well.

Bringing his gaze back down to the horizon, Hiram spotted a figure in the distance. He stopped and watched from a distance. She made no move into his territory, however, she lingered close. Too close for Hiram to remain comfortable. With tail raised, he descended the ridge and approached. Chuffing, the Cardinal invited -- no, implored the stranger to speak.
Messages In This Thread
Creeping in my soul - by Slate - August 05, 2016, 01:52 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Reek - August 06, 2016, 01:05 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Slate - August 06, 2016, 01:23 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Reek - August 06, 2016, 01:37 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Slate - August 06, 2016, 01:56 PM
RE: Creeping in my soul - by Reek - August 07, 2016, 05:07 PM