Duck Lake reality is a lovely place.
<small><b>AVATAR BY EMALEE.</b></small>
121 Posts
Ooc —
I was gonna start my first thread at Arrow Lake, then I saw yours! Hallo! :D

The sound of a splash in the distance caused Turquoise to slow, then stop, her right ear twisting like a satellite dish honing in on the source of the noise. Once she located it, her smudged muzzle followed suit, pointing the way as she broke into a ground-eating lope again. Up ahead, she saw the telltale sparkle of sunlight striking water and, soon enough, she made out the shape of a lake. Out there in the water, she spotted a wolf. Her turquoise eyes narrowed and she licked her lips.

"Hey!" she bellowed when she reached the shore, her stockinged paws digging into the soft earth just shy of the waterline. There was a hint of an Irish brogue in her voice. "Hey, you! Can you tell me where I am, by any chance?" Turq was almost certain that home lay east of here, based on her memories and corroborated by what she'd learned by word of mouth, but she needed to put a name to this place to be one hundred percent sure.

Before the stranger—an unremarkable timber wolf, by the look of it—could offer any sort of response to her abrupt and likely rude inquiry, Turquoise made another query: "You fishin'?" She tried to keep her voice light, yet there was an edge to her tone and her lips remained in a grim, impatient line. For what it was worth, her ire had little to do with the other wolf, though he was a male and Turq didn't have much time for those.

It had a lot more to do with Rivet, who insisted on living in a corner of her former lover's brain at all times. Some days, Turquoise recalled her ex fondly, happy for the photographic memory that allowed her to study every plane of Rivet's lovely, dark face. At other times, it bothered the hell out of her and she wanted nothing more than for Rivet to get the fuck out of her head. Today was one of those days.
Messages In This Thread
reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 28, 2013, 08:16 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 28, 2013, 09:12 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 05:02 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 29, 2013, 06:31 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 07:36 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 30, 2013, 09:47 AM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 30, 2013, 06:11 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 30, 2013, 08:33 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 31, 2013, 05:39 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 31, 2013, 09:14 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - August 01, 2013, 07:23 PM