Duck Lake reality is a lovely place.
<small><b>AVATAR BY EMALEE.</b></small>
121 Posts
Ooc —
When he pointed out the obvious, Turquoise glared at him, clearly not amused by his wit. Then he actually said something useful and she turned that name—Duck Lake—over in her head for a moment. One of her eyes scrunched up and she stuck her tongue in her cheek as she tried to recall something at the edge of her memory... finally, she grasped it.

"Is this Glacier Park—or something like that?" she questioned brusquely. This information corroborated her suspicions and Turq now felt significantly more oriented. This put her in a slightly mellower mood, though not by much. "Well, then, I'm not that far from home at all," she surmised aloud, turquoise gaze distant for a moment.

Her eyes sharpened like knives when next he spoke. "I know that," she snapped, though she hadn't. "I don't need your 'service,'" she leered. Even as the words left her mouth, Turq realized she was being a rude bitch. Even though he was a male—and men were basically good for nothing in her books—he didn't deserve either this verbal lashing nor the daggers she was giving him with her namesake eyes.

"Sorry," she said almost flippantly, "I don't mean to be a giant bitch. I just... have a lot on my mind," she explained. She hesitated, then moodily included, "I'm Turq," which left an opening for his own introduction and, very likely, a subsequent conversation, neither of which she particularly wanted.
Messages In This Thread
reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 28, 2013, 08:16 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 28, 2013, 09:12 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 05:02 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 29, 2013, 06:31 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 07:36 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 30, 2013, 09:47 AM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 30, 2013, 06:11 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 30, 2013, 08:33 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - July 31, 2013, 05:39 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Turquoise - July 31, 2013, 09:14 PM
RE: reality is a lovely place. - by Lake - August 01, 2013, 07:23 PM