Shadewood I went out to the hazel wood
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
Saena's last frightful memory of the wilds was of the blight of famine, and as she returned with summer tapering to an end, it was with a great sense of relief that she saw the trees alive and well.

There was much she still didn't remember about the place, but as she threaded her way betwixt elm and oak, her thoughts were on the wilderness around her. The thumping sound of hidden animal feet in the underbrush brought calm to her heart. The rustle and whisper of leaves passing one over the other as their boughs shook in the wind was as a lullaby. Even the sight of a wasp winging by made her lips twitch into a smile. Momentarily, she was lost in it. The place she'd gone beyond the wilds when her mind was blank was thicker than this place, more lush and vibrant, but there was no sight so beautiful as her lifelong home recovering, and she basked in it for a time.

She was still far from where she thought home would be, though, and the Shadewood was only vaguely familiar to her, cast beneath a haze as if she remembered it from a dream and not from her reality. Many of her returning memories were still foggy that way. Still, there was enough familiarity for her to know roughly which way to go from there. Once she finished drinking in the sight of autumn descending upon a lively wilds, she oriented herself for the south and picked up her pace.
Messages In This Thread
I went out to the hazel wood - by Saēna - August 24, 2016, 02:52 PM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Arunik'ra - August 24, 2016, 07:51 PM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Saēna - August 24, 2016, 08:54 PM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Arunik'ra - August 24, 2016, 09:04 PM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Saēna - August 25, 2016, 06:42 AM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Arunik'ra - August 25, 2016, 07:59 PM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Saēna - August 25, 2016, 08:58 PM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Arunik'ra - August 26, 2016, 04:58 PM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Saēna - August 26, 2016, 07:32 PM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Arunik'ra - August 26, 2016, 09:23 PM
RE: I went out to the hazel wood - by Saēna - August 27, 2016, 09:36 AM