Silvertip Mountain Crashed
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
While it was true that Steady was not happy with the events as they had unfolded, he did his best to keep his anger under control, and to listen to Ezekiel as he spoke. Steady knew a little of Ezekiel's past, but none of the sordid details. He understood what his Beta was saying- that siblings and families had different dynamics. Steady was beginning to falter to Ezekiel's logic, until he said the last sentence. I can, and I do expect you to behave the same to everyone. That's part of being a leader. It isn't fair to the rest of the family if one wolf can stand up to you, but the others are held to tradition. His voice was calm as he explained. While Steady was understanding, he didn't agree.

He nodded. I do understand, he confirmed. I know you two came from the same pack, and I assume therefore, the same history. And you know, if you want to continue your dynamic outside of the territory, that's fine. But, here, in our home, that dynamic would have to change. I understand if things would need to be settled, and that might be rough, but they do need to be settled if she's looking for a home here. And Steady did assume that Johan was joining. But, maybe he was wrong.

All the while, Philos remained unknown to Steady.

Edited in a conclusion so this can be archived. @Philos, you're welcome to post once more, if you like, or archive it here.

Steady wasn't sure what the future would hold, but for now, he would refrain from any demotion for Ezekiel. While he still believed the Beta had some learning to do, he did think he was a good Beta, and demoting him wouldn't help him learn how to improve. So, the Alpha would leave things as they were. Moving past Ezekiel, he headed back into the forest, never having seen Philos.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
Crashed - by Steady - September 01, 2016, 08:36 PM
RE: Crashed - by Ezekiel - September 04, 2016, 07:41 AM
RE: Crashed - by Philos - September 04, 2016, 11:18 AM
RE: Crashed - by Steady - September 04, 2016, 12:22 PM
RE: Crashed - by Ezekiel - September 07, 2016, 07:22 AM
RE: Crashed - by Philos - September 07, 2016, 03:31 PM
RE: Crashed - by Steady - September 12, 2016, 03:37 PM