Stavanger Bay always keep em on a leash
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
@Lagertha I didn't archive this right away because I wasn't sure if you would want to have Lagertha respond to him or not. If not, feel free to archive it as is! <3

The coywolf's lip curled in response to her lecturing him about being a “git” and his lack of people skills. Arturo could charm the fur off of a bear if he had too. He garnered some of his success with Skellige to his charisma — after all the Leviathan had threatened to eat him during their first meeting. Yet, Arturo did not expect Lagertha to know that. How could she? His annoyance had stemmed from her choice of words: that made him feel like she believed that he did not belong with the Depth wolves because he did not fish. It was a silly notion to the Gangster. That was like saying that someone who did not like eating venison shouldn't belong in a forest based pack because there were a lot of deer around. For a moment the gangster considered telling her that he and Skellige had history and an accord with one another but a beat later held his silence. It wasn't her business. She was not a leader.

“My social skills are just fine,” He disagreed politely. Always politely. Even when he wished to be anything but polite. “You can understand how your opinion on how I fit into this pack or rather how I don't based on lack of a fishing skill can be off-putting, surely.” It wasn't a good way to start with the gangster, clearly; and he amended mentally that it was clear she didn't see how her opinion was off-putting or else she would have kept it to herself. She did not know that he had earned the respect in his natal pack, had risen from ashes he'd been buried under since his birth. Since the wolves of his natal pack had recognized him as part coyote. This, Arturo did not expect her to know. Still, her words whether she'd meant them as such or not had struck the Fearghal as disrespectful and that was not something that he condoned.

He did not stop her when she gave an errant flick and departed. His fiery, red-orange gaze followed her until her figure disappeared into the sand dune horizon before he turned and headed back down the opposite end of the beach.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
always keep em on a leash - by Arturo - September 04, 2016, 07:05 AM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Lagertha - September 04, 2016, 07:50 PM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Arturo - September 05, 2016, 05:40 AM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Lagertha - September 05, 2016, 10:06 AM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Arturo - September 06, 2016, 02:39 PM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Lagertha - September 06, 2016, 08:58 PM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Arturo - September 17, 2016, 04:54 AM