Barrow Fields i was in calcutta, i was pretty well removed
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
All Welcome 
Despite every intention of heading north, Banner ended up veering out westward.  The one time she'd seen the coast hadn't been anything memorable and as such she felt no particular drive to return there.  Her paws took her a bit farther than Raven's Watch and so the Beta found herself staring out over Barrow Fields, head cocked to the side as she tried to make sense of the landscape.  It'd be a perfectly flat field if not for those random mounds everywhere.  And, upon further inspection, a few of them looked as though they'd seen better days.  Approaching one cautiously, she pawed at the disturbed earth.  Someone had been digging here at some point.  Looked quite old, too.  Her bright green eyes scanned the area and she noticed that several of them were in a similar state.  Huh.

But there wasn't anything here.  The field itself was vast and open and there were no obvious places to hide anything of value.  The lady Marauder enjoyed stashing her own treasures deep within the confines of gnarled roots back home among the willow trees.  At least there she could tuck things out of the way and they'd sort of blend in.  But out here anyone could just wander on by.  With a huff, Banner lowered her head and sniffed the mound at her paws.  She didn't really expect to scent anything but now she was just so damn curious!

Throwing one last look around, the short female shrugged and made sure to steady her back legs before she began to dig in earnest.  A light fall breeze ruffled the chocolate brown fur along her spine as she worked out in the early afternoon daylight to pile upturned earth under her body.  A voice in the back of her mind told her quite clearly that she'd have no luck in finding anything, but the urge to dig just overtook her and so.. to hell with it!
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
Messages In This Thread
i was in calcutta, i was pretty well removed - by Banner - September 08, 2016, 07:50 PM
RE: i was in calcutta, i was pretty well removed - by Maude - September 17, 2016, 06:09 PM
RE: i was in calcutta, i was pretty well removed - by Banner - September 20, 2016, 08:57 PM
RE: i was in calcutta, i was pretty well removed - by Maude - September 25, 2016, 10:05 AM
RE: i was in calcutta, i was pretty well removed - by Banner - September 26, 2016, 03:55 PM
RE: i was in calcutta, i was pretty well removed - by Maude - September 30, 2016, 11:54 PM
RE: i was in calcutta, i was pretty well removed - by Banner - November 22, 2016, 06:12 PM