Redhawk Caldera Ashes, ashes, we all fall down
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
In case of confusion: I deleted and re-posted this with extra content. :)

Feeling woozy from the blood loss, Peregrine let himself slump and tried not to move. He didn't lose consciousness, though he definitely felt a little out of it. His mind began to drift. His face stayed blank, except for a small crinkle in his brow. Was it just him or did he have a penchant for producing miswired offspring? And it wasn't just Junior or Ferret. Those two were clearly rotten eggs. But then there was also Tytonidae, who was sweet but not quite all the way there; Pura, who was downright strange; and Raven, who was so distant as to be remote. Holy shit, he must have terrible genes. Combined with his lackluster parental abilities, he should not have any more goddamn children.

Fox's presence roused him from his daymare: "Holy fuck." His eyes lifted to her face, brightening and focusing somewhat. "I'm fine," he said, senses still dulled by wooziness. "But, Fox, I..." His mouth and throat were both dry and he swallowed a little painfully. "Ferret, he attacked me. Again. He tried to kill me." He coughed, which caused his bloody wound to burn and ache like a bitch. He winced as he continued, "I had no choice. I exiled him." But his mate was calling for backup now. Had she even heard him?

Wolves started coming out of the woodwork then, namely the pups. Peregrine didn't really want them to see him like this, yet he couldn't do a whole lot about it. He returned Whip's stare before blinking and watching as Jackrabbit showed up only to turn away. The Alpha's brow furrowed and he felt something curdle in his chest as his foster son turned his back on him. Again, there wasn't much he could do. He didn't even have the strength to call after him. And Gannet distracted him anyway by approaching and beginning to cleanse his wound. It hurt but Peregrine felt a rush of affection that took the edge off it.

"Thank you, son," he breathed quietly in the boy's ear before the Beta male's arrival caused his head to flick upward weakly. "Fucking Ferret," he answered simply before a dizzy spell assailed him. Hoping not to faint, Peregrine let his chin sink to his outstretched forelegs and fell quiet, just trying to ride it out and cling to consciousness.
Messages In This Thread
Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 09, 2016, 08:31 AM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by RIP Fox - September 10, 2016, 01:09 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Whip - September 10, 2016, 01:54 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Jackrabbit - September 10, 2016, 02:21 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Eljay - September 10, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Gannet - September 11, 2016, 10:34 AM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Elwood - September 11, 2016, 08:02 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 13, 2016, 09:09 AM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by RIP Fox - September 17, 2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Sassafras - September 18, 2016, 12:19 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Elwood - September 21, 2016, 08:02 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Whip - September 24, 2016, 12:18 AM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Shrike Redleaf - September 25, 2016, 11:46 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Peregrine Redhawk - September 26, 2016, 10:39 AM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Gannet - September 29, 2016, 08:53 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by RIP Fox - October 03, 2016, 09:09 AM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Elwood - October 03, 2016, 08:32 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Shrike Redleaf - October 13, 2016, 03:46 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Peregrine Redhawk - October 14, 2016, 10:45 AM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by RIP Fox - October 14, 2016, 04:02 PM
RE: Ashes, ashes, we all fall down - by Elwood - October 15, 2016, 09:09 PM