Ankyra Sound There's a line never crossed
Γ‘sabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
True to his word Kjalarr gave his Gamma his rapt attention when she voiced her concerns β€” focusing solely on Maude's position as Beta, explaining that the Beta did not strike her as a leader type as she saw Caiaphas. As she saw him. It was a flattering thought as much as it was slightly humorous. All he'd wanted to be was a leader as a child and he'd been willing to tear apart his own family ties to see it happen, if that was what it took. It was a nice thing to hear that in someone else's opinion he was actually good at being a leader. At Ondine's soft and carefully worded question Kjalarr felt his brows rise and then furrow. Had she ...just asked that Maude had been promoted because she thought something was going on between the two of them? A snort of a laugh left the Viking. Oh gods, he had no idea what all he felt for Maude, she was so damn confusing, neither was he sure what the pirate felt for him. Even if he had some feelings for Maude it wasn't as if she'd been the only one. Kjalarr harbored feelings for Caiaphas. There was an ache in his heart that went beyond the grief of losing just a pack mate. β€œI have no idea what Maude is to me beyond my Beta,” He admitted, accented by the furrowing of his brows though he did not linger upon the confusing thought long. β€œYou might be surprised to hear that for a while we ...I don't know if we hated one another but we didn't get along. We still don't sometimes. It was Caiaphas' suggestion to promote Maude and despite that we were on bad footing with one another I saw no reason to object. She contributes and she's honest. She offers perspectives that I might not see,” Not that he had to offer Ondine any sort of explanation on the matter. β€œAs for Caiaphas' reasons well, they were her own.”

β€œI want you to know, though, that I will never promote someone based on my relationship with them. If would never promote anyone I took as my mate to Alpha just because I call them mate, or if I have lovers. I don't believe in that. If someone deserves and proves to me that they can be a capable leader that will contribute to the pack and strengthen it then they will have the promotion; and alternatively if a rank is to be challenged I will not stand in the way.” He informed her, taking a moment to assess her. β€œYou never have to worry about that.” Kjalarr assured her.

β€œThank you Ondine,” Kjalarr murmured to the woman at his side, offering her a gentle, warm smile that given his grief did not quite touch his eyes. β€œA hunt is a good idea, hopefully we do not suffer another famine,” One was hard enough and they'd barely survived that one. β€œor idiots who park their pack on our doorstep.” Because the next time...oh, next time Kjalarr would not show them mercy. Caiaphas was no longer present to reign the Viking back in. β€œI hope so.” Kjalarr murmured when Ondine made to assure him that he'd taken great care of both the pack and Caiaphas. It still didn't feel like enough β€” but he accepted that perhaps it would never feel like enough.

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more β€”

Messages In This Thread
There's a line never crossed - by Cattail - September 13, 2016, 01:55 PM
RE: There's a line never crossed - by Kjalarr - September 14, 2016, 12:31 PM
RE: There's a line never crossed - by Cattail - September 16, 2016, 07:15 PM
RE: There's a line never crossed - by Kjalarr - September 17, 2016, 06:47 AM
RE: There's a line never crossed - by Cattail - September 17, 2016, 05:19 PM