Silver Creek The witching hour
You did not break me I'm still fighting for peace
251 Posts
Ooc — sonia
Private 
She knew it was coming. The entire world had brought it to her attention and Rowan retreated to her den in the early morning hours. She labored long and hard, at times worrying over the utter silence of the den itself and her spirits sagged. She wished for someone - anyone - to be with her. Casmir and Laika were far from home and she did not wish to call anyone else. She considered Shrike, far away no doubt in the Caldera, but he had not come to see her since they day they'd met. 

As her labor progressed and the pains grew stronger she thought of Lasher, his gentle touches and soothing presence. When she felt she could do no more she felt a presence with her, still and quiet and aground her. It felt like tongues, soft and stroking over her, supporting her through. "Taltos," Rowan gasped, knowing he was there for their children to bring them earthside with her. 

The pains increased, her stomach churning again and she bore down, supported by the figure at her side. If anyone could see her, foolish enough to approach her now, they would see nothing but the laboring female. She knew better though. The first figure that emerged was white, the slightest hint of color upon his shoulders. "@Cortland She gasped out, quickly removing the puppy from his sac and started to clean him. Before she had much of a chance to properly soothe him there was another wave of pain and the urge to push began again. This figure was a ruddy color, a little girl, and she was cleaned and slid towards a teat to suckle. "@Mona,"  she whispered and knew that she would have no more puppies to pass. 

There was still the after birth to pass and she groomed her children, still panting with the efforts of bringing life to her young. Everything was worth it though. No matter the pain and what had happened to her, they were worth it. 
And I know that I can survive
I walked through fire to save my life

[Image: counselor.gif] 4/5,[Image: caretaker.gif] 1/5
Messages In This Thread
The witching hour - by Rowan Mayfair - September 17, 2016, 10:22 PM
RE: The witching hour - by Cortland - September 18, 2016, 12:47 AM
RE: The witching hour - by Rowan Mayfair - September 19, 2016, 01:32 AM
RE: The witching hour - by Mona - September 19, 2016, 08:55 AM
RE: The witching hour - by Rowan Mayfair - September 19, 2016, 02:53 PM
RE: The witching hour - by Cortland - September 22, 2016, 10:22 PM
RE: The witching hour - by Mona - October 02, 2016, 10:16 PM
RE: The witching hour - by Rowan Mayfair - October 13, 2016, 01:40 AM