Redhawk Caldera Bring that summer when I first saw you
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
All Welcome 
Road-weary, Shrike crossed over the pack borders at a relaxed albeit somewhat defeated walk, drifting through the short shrubs that dotted the landscape as the shadows grew long on that sunny autumn evening. His search had continued in much the same fashion as it did most days- he found no trace of the scent belonging to Lucy or her abductor, and he had been gone for three days searching, returning only at sundown on the third day. He was quite a traveller, but his joints ached and he felt ready to go home to his den, crawl in and have a good snooze that he felt he was entitled to have. But with the sun on his shoulders, and his den in a shaded place, he decided to take advantage of the warmth while it lasted and headed for the Rendezvous site.

Once there, he found himself a sunny patch of dusty ground, scrabbled a few small pebbles out of the way with one paw, circled thrice and lay down. He felt safe there, knowing he was well within the pack's borders, and as far as he knew, there weren't any dangerous wolves in the pack that might hurt him while he had a little rest in the sunshine. Laying flat on his side and shielded almost completely from sight by short, yellow-leaved bushes, Shrike put his head down on the warm earth, closed his eyes, and finally gave himself a bit of downtime.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
Messages In This Thread
Bring that summer when I first saw you - by Shrike Redleaf - September 26, 2016, 12:30 AM
RE: Bring that summer when I first saw you - by Elwood - September 29, 2016, 12:23 PM
RE: Bring that summer when I first saw you - by Elwood - October 05, 2016, 12:22 PM
RE: Bring that summer when I first saw you - by Elwood - October 14, 2016, 11:49 AM
RE: Bring that summer when I first saw you - by Elwood - October 15, 2016, 09:14 PM
RE: Bring that summer when I first saw you - by Elwood - October 18, 2016, 12:12 PM