Big Salmon Lake Not all who wander are lost. But I am.
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
[size=large]Since the group that Julooke is traveling with has grown since I originally posted this, I've edited it to include them, and also made it private for just them. Group includes: Verrine, Julooke, Yildun, Arrakis, Barristan, Beric, Aysel and Aysun

2nd Edit: Sorry, I forgot Aysel and Aysun >_<

The group had been traveling for quite a while. Julooke had long lost track of the days and it didn’t bother her a bit. She didn’t really know or care where they were going, or when they might settle somewhere. Everything was up in the air, but for the first time in her life, Julooke didn’t mind it. That could have something to do with her depression. While she wasn’t totally down and out, she did go through bouts of time where she wouldn’t talk at all. It was like her body was there, but her mind was long gone, off somewhere, trying to find its way back. She still hadn’t smiled, or played, or even felt all that social or outgoing. The loss of her parents had hit her hard. She had even disappeared for a short while just after their passing.

But, not all was lost. Her crush, Verrine, had made a wild suggestion- one Julooke would have said no to just a year ago. He said they could leave, go somewhere else and find a new place to live. It had been such a temping offer not to have to avoid the place that caused her pain, even unintentionally. It was no one's fault, and one day Julooke would have to realize that it was life.

Once word spread that the pair were leaving, others joined in, to Julooke's surprise. Yildun and Arrakis, her younger brothers, had jumped on board. It made her feel a little better, knowing she didn't have to leave all of her family behind to find herself again. And, then, even more had said they wanted to go. Beric and Barristan were here, too. While they weren't blood related, they may as well have been her brothers, too. Then, even more. Aysel and Aysun. They were big enough to be a pack all on their own, and she quietly wondering if that's what they were and no one realized it yet.

They were like a rogue band of wolves, off to who-knows-where to do who-knows-what. She didn't know about the others, but it didn't bother her that they had no idea where they were going. They ate when they were hungry, slept when they were tired, and played when they had bouts of access energy. Well, the rest did anyways. Julooke usually sat on the sidelines and watched out for strangers. She had yet to have any energy in playing, but she wasn't all hard-shelled, either. She was just sad.

The lake they were approaching was rather large, but looked calm. The closer she got, the softer the land got. She paused several dozen yards away from the water line. Her stomach growled, urging her to feed it. She looked towards her band of wolves and said simply, “Fish?” She rather liked fishing, having learned it from her older sister, Youmi.
[/size]
Messages In This Thread
Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Julooke - July 29, 2013, 07:43 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Aysel - July 30, 2013, 06:21 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Yildun - July 30, 2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Beric - July 30, 2013, 08:19 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Aysun - July 30, 2013, 09:05 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Arrakis - August 01, 2013, 12:49 PM
RE: Not all who wander are lost. But I am. - by Julooke - August 02, 2013, 12:11 PM