Otatso Wetlands but I wouldn't want to live there.
<font size=1><i>and then we'll take it higher</i></font>
11 Posts
Ooc — Stevie

Lake froze in his tracks again as the rumble turned into a near roar. He squinted his eyes, but failed to be able to tell tree from rock from cannibal in the inky darkness. His nostrils worked furiously, but could detect little more than the scent of earth, green and rot. There was something faint, like animal, but this did little to ease his flailing heart.

Unwittingly, his lips began to peel slowly back from his own teeth as he growled back to the night his own warning. Instinct was gripping him, and instinct told him to be prepared to survive. If it came to fighting for his survival, then that's exactly what he would do. It's not like he hadn't done it before, after all.

Lake began to creep forward again, this time veering a path towards the right although he still wasn't certain where the beast was in relation to him. Now moving again, he felt better and stilled the growl in his chest and put on a more calm, yet alert face. Reason had chimed in, and reason wanted to remind his instinct that there was no such thing as demons, and so there was no reason for him to be so worked up. It was probably the wind, or some sort of crazy loud bullfrog.

But how would a bullfrog get so crazy loud?

Unless.

It was possessed by a demon.

Reason, you need to work on being more assertive... Lake thought to himself with a whine, just as he rounded a clump of trees and stepped unwittingly right into the "possessed bullfrog/bear thing's" line of sight.

Messages In This Thread
but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 08:54 PM
RE: but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Tonravik - July 29, 2013, 09:14 PM
RE: but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 09:31 PM
RE: but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Tonravik - July 29, 2013, 09:57 PM
RE: but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Lake - July 30, 2013, 06:40 PM