Otatso Wetlands but I wouldn't want to live there.
<font size=1><i>and then we'll take it higher</i></font>
11 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Name buddy (nearly)!! Steph <3

The sound of cicadas buzzed shrilly in his ears, accompanied by the gentle chirp of crickets and the sound of wind sweeping across the boughs of the trees. It was a pleasant sound, joined by the pleasant scent of hanging ivy and moss-covered rocks, and the pleasant feel of cool air on his clammy skin.

It was most unfortunate that with all of the pleasantness surrounding him, Lake was not particularly enjoying any of it (probably because of all the unpleasantness partnered with it). Hours ago, peering into the outer edges of the marsh, he couldn't help the intrigue that drove him forth into the mysterious depths. Now in the midst of the labyrinth, however, he could not help but wish he had never come. It was growing dark and cold, and there seemed to be more mosquitoes than there was molecules in the god damn air.

To top it off, he had apparently chosen a rather creepy time to begin his wanderings. It had been day when he had started, but now deep in the eerie wetlands with the fog thickening around him, the sun had fallen to the horizon, casting an eerie deep violet glow between the towering black trees.

All in all, best thing he'd done all day.

Lake hopped up onto the decaying flesh of a long fallen tree trunk, peering into the darkness growing ever thicker around him. It was strange how a place so green and lush during the day could end up looking so cold and dead and foreboding in the night. A shiver traveled down his dark spine. Not one of fear of course, for Lake definitely wasn't afraid. Just freaked out, which was different. Completely different.

A swift wind catapulted through the trees, nearly knocking him down from his perch. Along with it renting through the air, a random shriek like a rabbit getting snatched by a fox. Or like a murderous demon fixing itself upon the soul of a giant bear so that it could fulfill its dark desire to feast upon the blood and flesh of the forest dwellers until dawn's first light. Deciding it was probably the latter, Lake hopped down with a splash into the mucky waters and continued on his way.

Messages In This Thread
but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 08:54 PM
RE: but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Tonravik - July 29, 2013, 09:14 PM
RE: but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Lake - July 29, 2013, 09:31 PM
RE: but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Tonravik - July 29, 2013, 09:57 PM
RE: but I wouldn't want to live there. - by Lake - July 30, 2013, 06:40 PM