Sunbeam Lair I couldn't believe it, wouldn't it be great
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
A claim was made that he’d yet to forget her words, and thus she’d nodded, taking his word for it. Should it turn out that he had lied, and something terrible stems from that, then she would handle it once the moment arrived. For now, however, she took what she’d been told as the truth, believing that he would not lie to her during such an important moment. She wanted to trust that, given the origin of the task itself, he’d not lie about any aspect of it. That he would honour his word and take all that she had once told him to heart. A mistake could not be made, and emotions could not be acted upon out there. For him to keep a clear head was a necessity, that way there may exist a greater chance at justice being achieved.

Prepared to send him off without another word, it had come as a mild surprise when he’d asked a question. “It will take a great length of time, yes,” she’d commented, agreeing with his statement. “But you will still be permitted to return here once it has all been drawn to a close.” Asterr was not a malicious creature by nature. She could not arrange a deal and then go back on it simply because the results might not be to her liking. Reasonable, she was, and honourable. “If you have found no leads by the end of your third month out there, return here,” the girl stated. “If at any time the quest for justice turns into a desire for revenge, you will turn back no matter what. Am I understood? We cannot afford a war.” Winter was fast approaching, and her children were far too young to be subjected to violence of any sort. To search for justice was a fine path to follow, but the moment someone blurred the lines, started acting out and wishing to enact revenge, was the moment where everything changed; the alteration was one that she would not allow to take place.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
I couldn't believe it, wouldn't it be great - by Asterr - October 14, 2016, 01:10 AM
RE: I couldn't believe it, wouldn't it be great - by Jolon - October 14, 2016, 11:56 AM
RE: I couldn't believe it, wouldn't it be great - by Jolon - October 15, 2016, 05:48 AM
RE: I couldn't believe it, wouldn't it be great - by Asterr - October 16, 2016, 02:09 AM
RE: I couldn't believe it, wouldn't it be great - by Jolon - October 16, 2016, 06:32 AM