Larksong Grotto suffering without speech, i knew you would return
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
when indra came upon the small clearing where she had met seff, she knew there was no turning back now. there, set demurely in the dirt, was the ragged band of jimson weed seff had identified as poisonous. indra swallowed her doubts, fueling a courage she did not know she had -- this was for her, and laurel. this would get their father back.

indra licked her lips, her mouth dry with fear. she tore from the ground a small piece of neighboring fern, her muzzle scrunched in unpleasantry as the acrid taste hit her tongue. gingerly she worked the weed, bashing it down with a paw until the stalk broke and the stem with lavender flower adorned spilled to the ground. she bared her little teeth and picked the weed up gently with the fern somewhat haphazardly placed over it, attempting to ferry the plant without contact.

she made it to the den with this makeshift transport with minimal mishaps. it was a shame she was not more clever, she could have devised the fern like a sling to prevent the weed from ever touching her tongue. at the mouth of the den she placed the weed at her feet, keeping it partially obscured. quietly she peered in, looking for @Tapat or @Astik. once -- and if -- they came out she would smile to them sweetly and push the enticing 'stick' in their direction as if in invitation to play.

but indra was not playing.

in truth, indra did not know what compelled her to be so drastic. perhaps it was her incapability of rational thought. perhaps it was her youthful naivette. she hadn't really thought this through. she was too young to understand the permanence of death, she just understood that the weed served as an avenue to get her and laurel closer to their father. she hadn't really considered what killing really was; all she knew was that she and laurel were miserable, and reek had replaced them with two bawling babes that weren't even as cute as her or her sister.

she gulped, feeling somewhat sickly as she awaited the two pups to show from the den.
SURPRISE TAGS EVERYWHERE! so obvi, i'm hoping indra gets caught before pups chew on the 'toy' .. but do you two care to join? and maybe @Jhala or @Hiram once they post?
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
suffering without speech, i knew you would return - by Indra - November 04, 2016, 09:43 PM