Neverwinter Forest i'm beyond the archetype
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
The question Cypress posed caused Shrike to pause; he sounded almost fearful, saddened by the fact that Lucy's parents had experienced such a loss. It was obvious that Cypress had known Lucy and that he had cared about her- and her disappearance had also likely led to the disappearance of his own brother, so closely were their fates intertwined. Calmly, Shrike nodded his head. "Elwood and Finley, yes. They're good wolves, and they're still searching too." He said. One of the last promises he'd made was to keep searching, and he still intermittantly met up with Elwood to see if any signs had been found. Shrike did not quickly give up on a quest, nor did he like to break his promises. 

Cypress expressed sympathy and Shrike nodded his head gratefully, and would have spoken about Peregrine had the youth not then gone on to speak about Allure. The comments the young man had made Shrike's cheeks burn- not because of embarassment, but because it was extremely flattering to hear that Cypress thought Allure liked him. Where had he head that- had she told him, had someone else told him, or was he simply making an observation? He paused for a moment, before he abashedly nodded slightly, a worn but still faintly pleased smile tugging gently at the corners of his mouth. "In part, yes," He said, and left it at that. Allure wanted him there? Even better. 

Cypress then brought up the important point of the heirarchy of the pack, and Kjalarr made a valid point; others would have to step up. The tone of his voice told Shrike that he fancied he might do so himself. Shrike was not the sort to have the ambition of leading himself, and knew that he would have to tend to Allure as well as he could. She, the highest ranked wolf in the pack, needed time to grieve without being saddled with responsibility. To Kjalarr, he nodded, silently.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
Messages In This Thread
i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 04:08 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 04:50 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 05:23 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 14, 2016, 05:54 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 14, 2016, 06:40 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Kjalarr - November 15, 2016, 04:23 PM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Shrike Redleaf - November 16, 2016, 12:29 AM
RE: i'm beyond the archetype - by Cypress - November 16, 2016, 02:41 AM