Neverwinter Forest i wonder where that young boy has gone
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
His gaze lifted to follow the path of her's as she glimpsed around. It was not his first time setting eyes upon Neverwinter but it was his first time exploring it for what it was worth. There was little good in an Alpha that did not know the lands he ruled. Luckily, Kjalarr had a ranger's knack for remembering the lays of land and making the mental maps to recall easily and was not all that worried about his ability to learn the lay of the land like the back of his paw. His ears slicked back to rest atop his skull at half mast, icy, caribbean gaze flickering to take in her face as she admitted that while it was lovely it failed to feel like home to her. Kjalarr felt a stab of guilt. Perhaps, in some ways, he had it easier than she because he was family to the Frostfurs while...she was a suddenly introduced in-law. The resistance he faced as Alpha male was likely tempered by Kaskara's own ascension by his side. He understood their anger and their hesitancy to respect him. He wasn't a usurper but he understood how close the line was toed. He remembered how he'd felt so out of place at Moonspear and wondered if that was how she felt here and Kjalarr knew instantly that he didn't like the idea of Ondine feeling like she didn't belong.

“It will, in time.” Kjalarr reassured her, taking advantage of her pause in eating to stretch his muzzle towards her's to give her's a light brush with his own in reassurance if she let him. “Things are hard for them right now, but I am sure they'll make an effort to get to know you when ...when they are not hurting so much.” He struggled to imagine the Frostfur's not making an effort to include Ondine as apart of the family because they had made him feel as if he were flesh and blood (but he did not take into account the fact that he'd been a helpless child). “We can't waste our time looking back. We're not going that way.” He missed the Sound. He missed Whittier and Caiaphas. But their future held more merit than their pasts. Saltwinter had fallen and there was naught to be done about it. They couldn't have stayed. Not with her pregnant and winter closing in on them. Not for a second did Kjalarr doubt that he'd made the best decision he could have in leading her here.

Despite that he took her question as serious as she meant it, he couldn't help but laugh. “I think they're going to come out whether you have dulled the pain or not,” He chuckled, before he sobered up. Right. Impending terror of fatherhood and all that. “I don't know. I can ask around, but you might want to start making one just in case.” He inhaled deeply and let it out, dwelling upon her use of the word 'dear'. Dear. Was he dear to her? At the very least he was her Alpha Male and the father of her children ...and he supposed that made him something more. Yet the endearment did not sound like something someone older than him might call him. It had held a unidentified level of affection that even Kjalarr (as unperceptive as he was around women) could not deny. “Am I?” He asked her suddenly. “—dear to you, that is?” He clarified.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 16, 2016, 03:06 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 04:07 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 16, 2016, 04:26 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 04:52 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 18, 2016, 05:21 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 18, 2016, 06:15 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 19, 2016, 07:20 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 19, 2016, 08:24 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 20, 2016, 08:26 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 20, 2016, 09:29 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 20, 2016, 11:25 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 20, 2016, 02:11 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 22, 2016, 02:28 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 22, 2016, 05:20 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 27, 2016, 08:25 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - December 04, 2016, 06:52 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - December 16, 2016, 04:13 PM