Neverwinter Forest i wonder where that young boy has gone
ásabragr
641 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
“To the south of us,” Kjalarr gestured in the spear's direction, with an errant cant of his muzzle. He deliberated for a moment, then, unsure, gnawing on the inside of his cheek before with the steadfast thought that relationships should bear honesty he spoke, “My twin lives there. He's the only biological family I associate with,” He admitted. He still did not remember Ragna and at one pointed the less he had to do with Charon the better (even though Charon wasn't his brother by blood). Even Kjalarr's own mother had disassociated herself from him. “As you know I'm not the easiest wolf to get along with,” Kjalarr admitted with a low chuckle. The problem was he had too much of Ragnar in him. In the end, Ragnar had died only with the confidence of his half brother (as far as biological siblings went) and it seemed Kjalarr was fated to follow a similar path. “The end game is I was insubordinate and basically a giant douchebag. I left them for Saltwinter and they it was made clear that if I was to return they had orders to kill me. Before Caiaphas' death I sought to speak with Charon, maybe draw upon a truce but that never happened.” Kjalarr was fortunate to have the Frostfur's and Floki but he could not help but think that he was fortunate for Ondine as well (and even Maude).

His heart sank and he struggled to swallow against the lump that formed in his throat as he took in her large, doe-like eyes blinking up at him. She spoke that she was afraid of losing him and he contemplated that. Losing him? That was ridiculous. He'd gave her his word that he wouldn't abandon her or the babes and everything he'd done thus far had worked towards solidifying that, on building a foundation of them and their babes. His ears slicked back to rest at half mast atop his skull, “Ondine,” He breathed her name, only to bite lightly upon his tongue when her confession came before he could utter redundant words of assurance. Her words hung in the air between them as he processed them, feeling that he should say something in return. Something just as meaningful. The truth was he hadn't worked that far ahead in the mess that was his head and heart. Everything was overshadowed by his fear of the babes that grew within her. There was a warm bloom of affection for her, certainly, as he saw her in a way he never had before. Not as a subordinate but as a woman. Her womb bore the fruition of their hormone fueled passions, making her round with his seed and thus he was able to see her as the mother of his children. This was all new to him, and the viking found it to be a bit overwhelming. Their intimacy and the conception of their children had created a bond that he did not have with the other women he had bedded.

“I'm not going to leave you and I'm not going to leave them, Ondine.” He promised to her again, deciding to address her first concern. “Taking you as my mate was not just for show. It was my promise. That I won't leave and that I will take care of you. All of you.” Until the day he drew his very last breath. “I'm not sure I'm worthy of your affections,” He was selfish, and cruel. Vain and stubborn. But he did not doubt that with time he would grow to care for her, as well. Perhaps he already did but he was drowning in a sea of grief and fear to recognize anything else.
[/td][/tr][/table]

please send all PM's to kivaluk

1/3 threads
you still wonder if you're
a ferocious beast or a saint
but you're neither because
you're infinitely more —

Messages In This Thread
i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 02:47 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 16, 2016, 03:06 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 04:07 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 16, 2016, 04:26 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 16, 2016, 04:52 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 18, 2016, 05:21 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 18, 2016, 06:15 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 19, 2016, 07:20 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 19, 2016, 08:24 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 20, 2016, 08:26 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 20, 2016, 09:29 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 20, 2016, 11:25 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 20, 2016, 02:11 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 22, 2016, 02:28 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - November 22, 2016, 05:20 PM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - November 27, 2016, 08:25 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Kjalarr - December 04, 2016, 06:52 AM
RE: i wonder where that young boy has gone - by Cattail - December 16, 2016, 04:13 PM